So who's making the soundtrack?

Considering I listen to a lot of game soundtracks, I'd like to know who's doing the music for Alpha Protocol.

Also, how awesome is the music?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Alexander Brandon, who scored Jazz Jackrabbit, Deus Ex, and the first few Unreals, along with many other games, composed much of the music while he was still Audio Director at Obsidian (he has since moved on to less expensive parts of the US)

As for licensed music, I know trance schlockmeister BT is contributing a track. The theme music was apparently composed by some famous movie guy. I don't know who it is, I don't know if that's been released yet.

There was an AP soundtrack that was leaked / released at some point. Example.

I am going to be very disappointed if there isn't a few "hits of the eighties" in there :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Have to be careful which way you go.. the score of a game, or the soundtrack of known music that's put in the game..

But a nice game score can be great to have on in the background..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It is really sad that Alexander Brandon left (the main contributor to Alpha Protocol's soundtrack IIRC). His compositions for Unreal 1, Unreal Tourment and Deus Ex greatly elevated your gaming experience.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ooh, that's good. I was wondering if they'd get the same person who made TSL's soundtrack, which would have been good, but to be honest I prefer Deus Ex's soundtrack by far. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ooh, that's good. I was wondering if they'd get the same person who made TSL's soundtrack, which would have been good, but to be honest I prefer Deus Ex's soundtrack by far. :)

Mark Griskey. His TSL soundtrack was in a league of its own. I hope Obsidian gets the chance to make use of his talents again some day :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ooh, that's good. I was wondering if they'd get the same person who made TSL's soundtrack, which would have been good, but to be honest I prefer Deus Ex's soundtrack by far. :)

Mark Griskey. His TSL soundtrack was in a league of its own. I hope Obsidian gets the chance to make use of his talents again some day :lol:

Look, I loved some songs, especially near the end of the game (

The rebuilt enclave scene was incredibly touching if only because of that soundtrack

) but most of them weren't anything special. I think I got sick of Nar Shadaa's music to the point of turning it off.

The rebuilt enclave scene was incredibly touching if only because of that soundtrack

) but most of them weren't anything special. I think I got sick of Nar Shadaa's music to the point of turning it off.

Ever heard the unused m4-78 core theme? It's incredible.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Ever heard the unused m4-78 core theme? It's incredible.

It was used in the

character creation screen and the Exile's Trial scene

and yes, it is one of the great songs in the game. :)

Mark Griskey. His TSL soundtrack was in a league of its own. I hope Obsidian gets the chance to make use of his talents again some day :)

Same here, and I also dug the

rebuilt enclave theme

a lot.

I believe he's (still) the Lucasarts in-house composer, and did the Force Unleashed score. (Which I have to describe as forgettable, since I can literally remember nothing of it)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Any chance we get to listen to the main theme as a free download? So that we just get an idea about the mood.

I personally would love for that to happen, but it's not something we can do without talking to Sega. At the very least, I would hope that it would be streamable on alphaprotocol.com at some point.

Matthew Rorie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You should hire Hans Zimmer or Harry Gregson Williams.

I mean... it won't happen, but I can dream, right?

Hans Zimmer actually did the soundtrack for Modern Warfare 2. But then again, Activision has seemingly an unlimited budget...

Far as I'm aware, the pro composer for AP is only making one main song, which will then have variations made from it by in-house dudes. So they could probably afford a Name.