Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

People here like Harry Potter?

God... :sorcerer:

I generally think Harry Potter is a huge bucket of awfulness directed at not very bright kids. But the third movie was good enough to make me buy the third book, which I found atrocious. This book/movie relationship is similar to certain Tom Clancy works, like Hunt for the Red October.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Anything that gets young kids reading is a plus in my book.

I think Twilight looks horrible and I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, but I respect the fact it has people picking up books and is keeping literature a relevant form of entertainment.

A tv series: Breaking Bad. This show is awesome, I wish there were more episodes.

Next on my list of series-I-missed to try...Dexter.

Any other good hour-long series to check out? I don't care about things like 90210 or Sex & the City...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think Twilight looks horrible and I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, but I respect the fact it has people picking up books and is keeping literature a relevant form of entertainment.

I'm not criticizing that! That's a positive, of course. What I could criticize is the way a lot of adults seem to fawn over Harry Potter, for example. Or the way Rowling's prose seems to deliberately treat the reader like someone mentally handicapped. Her books feel like the written equivalent of the condescending tone some adults use when speaking with very young children.

Heja Sverige!!

I tried to read the 1st Potter book years ago...I couldn't stand the writing style either, and stopped. I've heard the last few became much better/her writing improved, but I haven't tried to check myself.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A tv series: Breaking Bad. This show is awesome, I wish there were more episodes.

Any other good hour-long series to check out? I don't care about things like 90210 or Sex & the City...

Would recommend Six Feet Under, to anyone. My favorite show of all-time. Very risque though. The Wire is also all kinds of awesome if you have yet to see these two. Highly recommended.

I tried to read the 1st Potter book years ago...I couldn't stand the writing style either, and stopped. I've heard the last few became much better/her writing improved, but I haven't tried to check myself.

Like I said before, I read the third one, and found it like I described a few minutes ago. :shudder:

Heja Sverige!!

Harry Potter and Twilight: Relevant literature, eh?

I rather wanna see kids reading real books than this rubbish.

Edited by Morgoth

Harry Potter and Twilight: Relevant literature, eh?

I rather wanna see kids reading real books than this rubbish.

Gateway drugs, man!

Heja Sverige!!

Would recommend Six Feet Under, to anyone. My favorite show of all-time. Very risque though. The Wire is also all kinds of awesome if you have yet to see these two. Highly recommended.

That's one I've been meaning to try out for a while...I just keep forgetting. Thanks, it's in my queue now. :sorcerer:

What's with all the HP hate? Its good stuff.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

If you don't have/like apple quicktime, it's also here: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/iron-man-2/trailer

Trailer looks good, but I still think Whiplash looks ridiculous. :lol:

If you don't have/like apple quicktime, it's also here: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/iron-man-2/trailer

Trailer looks good, but I still think Whiplash looks ridiculous. :lol:

Not as ridiculous as he did in the comics:

mickey-rourke-whiplash.jpg

(only pic I could find)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg