Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

All this talk of Terminator films had me watching T2 again last night.

1-my eXtreme DVD of it looks really good

2-the 16 minutes of extra footage, imo, still make it a much better film than the theatrical release. Altho, there are some parts that could have been shortened a bit...I always thought Sarah's time in the asylum went on too long.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Up.

I feel the same way about it as I did about Wall-E...about half of it was brilliant, the other half only so-so, which equals a generally pleasant & mildly entertaining overall watching experience. The old man character & story arc definitely one of the better ones in Pixar's history tho.

It says something about Pixar when the worst you can say about their worst film is that its merely "pretty good" (not Up, which was one of their better flicks, Cars I thought was their worst, and was still very enjoyable)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I liked Up. It took me until the end credits to place Ed Asner as the lead voice. He's come a long way from one of the Jedi masters in KOTOR2. :)

What? You mean master Vrook is Mr. Fredricksen? The voice sounded a bit familiar, but I didn't make the connection until now.

Anyway, Up was pretty good. I wouldn't count it among my Pixar favorites (A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc. still rule), but it was entertaining nonetheless.

I also watched The Terminator friday night. I lost count how many times I've seen that movie, but I still find it gripping. Gonna watch T2 soon enough, and then start watching season 2 of Sarah Connor Chronicles.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Anyway, Up was pretty good. I wouldn't count it among my Pixar favorites (A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc. still rule), but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Really?

I mean, I thought A Bug's Life was generally regarded as the closest thing Pixar had to a failure? I personally think it was only okay, just a little bit under cars, which I also thought was okay. Everything else I think is just the greatest CGI has to offer. To each their own, I guess. I agree with Monsters Inc., though. That is one great movie.

I think I'mma go watch Terminator again now. Damn you guys!

Really?

I mean, I thought A Bug's Life was generally regarded as the closest thing Pixar had to a failure? I personally think it was only okay, just a little bit under cars, which I also thought was okay. Everything else I think is just the greatest CGI has to offer. To each their own, I guess. I agree with Monsters Inc., though. That is one great movie.

I didn't even know A Bug's Life was regarded as some sort of failure or half-failure. It's one of the first Pixar movies I ever saw, so there's some nostalgia in it as well. But I also find it to be a genuinely good movie, with heart, so to each his own.

I think I'mma go watch Terminator again now. Damn you guys!

Must be some sort of terminator pandemic going on in here. :yucky:

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

All this talk of Terminator films had me watching T2 again last night.

1-my eXtreme DVD of it looks really good

2-the 16 minutes of extra footage, imo, still make it a much better film than the theatrical release. Altho, there are some parts that could have been shortened a bit...I always thought Sarah's time in the asylum went on too long.

I agree whole heartedly. I never understood why the T1000 stabbed Sarah and told her to 'Call to John'. I didn't catch it the first few times, but eventually, 'HEY! Wait a sec, he can take anyone's form and voice, why doesn't he just kill her and do what he has been doing all movie long!?'. I have no idea why the explanation, and it was a good one, was removed.

For The Love Of The Game. I haven't seen this one in a while. Not quite in the same league as the two other Costner baseball movies, but still pretty solid. Not the kind of film you'd expect Sam Raimi to direct.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

just got home from seeing Where the Wild Things Are

got weirded out by one of the Wild Things

hearing James Gandolfini's voice and having the others call him Carol - that **** is just wrong :)

I saw it at Reading last night and it was good stuff.

heh the 9pm viewing? :p

Stalker! :o

Sunshine -- Sci-fi flick about a group flying to sun to try and rekindle its dying energies. A little slow to start, becomes interesting/good, then degenerated into a typical monster-on-ship climax that really annoyed me...but only because the rest of the movie seemed more akin to 2001 atmosphere than Aliens, and thus it was jarring.

Decent cast & special effects bits for what seems to be a lower-budget 2nd string sci fi flick.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Potter/Half Blood Prince.

Keep in mind that I haven't/don't read the books, so I'm going entirely by the film series here...I appreciated the darker more "adult" (or whatever) tone compared to the early ones, and I did like the Snape (best chr. in series imo) and potion teacher arcs, but at 2.5 hours, it was very plodding for the first half. I nearly fell asleep waiting for something to happen. Perhaps it would've helped if I had read the books and knew what was going on. Think I'll watch it again tomorrow and see if I like it better a 2nd time.

I've felt the Harry Potter movies have gotten better with each one. I think it's because they've moved away from the books somewhat, whereas the first two were nearly identical to what was written.

My favorite was the 4th one.

I think overall they've improved over the series, but the pacing in Half Blood was just off.

Also, I'm pretty tired of Helena Bonham Carter being constantly cast in the crazy, wild haired, witch type role. It makes me sigh w/annoyance instead of delight these days as soon as I see her vampire-makeup face.

I think Prisoner of Azkaban(the third one, I believe) is far and away the best of the lot. Mostly because it seems like the only that can stand on its own as far as the plot is concerned, and it has the best editing and camerawork. Cuar

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: