Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Started watching Quarantine on Netflix. Shaky-cam style and 18 minutes before the first violence isn't making a good impression on me so far. Pick, pick, pick....

havent seen it, but did see the movie original version - [Rec]

was quite awesome :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Insomnia. The Norwegian version.

Is it normal you Nordics start touching stranger woman as you wish?

That's disgusting Morgoth. Why would anyone, Norwegian or not, do such a thing?

Everyone knows Nordic women don't shave their armpits, legs, or snatch!

manthing2.jpg

2012. Special Effects was amazing. It looked like they put every disaster movie that's been made in the last 20 years and put it all into one movie. (Dante's Peak, the Tsunami tidal waves from Deep Impact/Armageddon only BIGGER, Day After Tomorrow, etc). >_< It wasn't like previous disaster movies where you sit through 90 minutes of dialogue to see 5 minutes of special effects at the end... This was special effects all the way through! With my chinese girlfriend and her neice, they loved the chinese angle to the movie as well.

Everyone knows Nordic women don't shave their armpits, legs, or snatch!

They don't need to. It grows like spun candy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Recently we've seen Peter's Friends, the new Star Trek film, and Wonder Woman. One of you glorious bastards suggested Wonder Woman and I have to say it was a nice little diversion, but not really my cuppa tea.

The same person suggested Carnivale, which is totally awesome and tubular and the wife and I watched disks 1 and 2 straight and are fervently waiting for the other disks. I'm going to be rightly pissed if the series ends after the first couple of seasons. My damned luck. Great so far, though. There are a couple of scenes that really struck me. The scene where the woman vomits money is disturbing but extremely well done. The first scene of the second episode in the cafe is awesome.

Sorry pal, but the story wrapped up at the end of season two for Carnivale. There's a small write up for what they had planned for season three on Wikipedia, I think.

Blame HBO, and maybe the general populace for not being able to grasp a somewhat unique show. But hey, at least Entourage keeps getting renewed! :ermm:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm sick and tired of the shows I enjoy getting the axe. It used to be that I never watched tv because I didn't want to tailor my schedule to show times, but now that I can watch shows from the DVR/DVD, I watch a lot more tv and listen to music a little less.

Anyhow, now I'll have to look into Entourage. I just really enjoy the way the story is unfolding in Carnivale right now. A lot of shows try to be dark and gritty with a lot less to show for it, and the violence isn't even very graphic at all. Hell, it's disturbing without really any violence to speak of. It kind of reminds me of Twin Peaks except I can follow what the hell is going on in it. I tip my hat to you, sir. An excellent eye on your part, I say! :ermm:

I'm sick and tired of the shows I enjoy getting the axe. It used to be that I never watched tv because I didn't want to tailor my schedule to show times, but now that I can watch shows from the DVR/DVD, I watch a lot more tv and listen to music a little less.

Anyhow, now I'll have to look into Entourage. I just really enjoy the way the story is unfolding in Carnivale right now. A lot of shows try to be dark and gritty with a lot less to show for it, and the violence isn't even very graphic at all. Hell, it's disturbing without really any violence to speak of. It kind of reminds me of Twin Peaks except I can follow what the hell is going on in it. I tip my hat to you, sir. An excellent eye on your part, I say! :banghead:

Once its done make sure to check out the wikipedia articles. Theres a ridiculous amount of depth to the series that we don't even get to see because it got shut down. And apparently it didn't even get shut down because of low ratings, it was the same reason as Rome, each episode cost so much to make that it wasn't feasible to continue to make it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Flight of the Phoenix - both original classic version and the more recent remake. The classic is still better, but the remake wasn't too bad, if you can overlook some silliness.

My Name Is Bruce - not as funny as I was hoping. The 1st 30 min. were *yawn*, the 2nd 3 min were ok, and the last 30 min. had some pretty good stuff. Lots of "inside" jokes peppered all throughout which made me chuckle. Very low budget and script was terrible, even for a parody/satire. Bruce Campbell is still adorably cranky & silly, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Beowulf

Okay movie, but for some odd reason whenever someone said "Beowulf" I kept mentally correcting them with "Boromir".

Night at the Museum 2

Okay movie, and would have been worth a watch if only because of Amelia Earharts(Amy Adams) buttocks. Seriously guys, those were awesome.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970) - Not bad portrayal of the attach on Pearl Harbor. Excellent special effects for it's time.

Interesting bit of trivia

Akira Kurosawa agreed to direct the Japanese part of the film only because he was told that David Lean was to direct the American part. This was a lie, David Lean was never part of the project. When Kurosawa found out about this, he tried to get himself fired from the production - and succeeded.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066473/trivia

Edited by Kelverin

Ninja Assassin. One badass freaking movie. No acting, very little plot, just fighting. Lots of fighting. Take notes, movie industry. 10/10. Definitely Fenix approved.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Crank 2. Awesome and hilarious, but I can't help but feel bad for watching it, especially enjoying it. Constant action, violence, sex and completely, utterly, tasteless.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Terminator Salvation Directors Cut. Nice to see cut footage restored.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester