Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I saw part of transformers on tv a short while ago. I'll probably get shot in a dark alley for saying it, but it was too uninteresting to keep watching it until the end.

Last movie seen: Le Notti del Terrore (Burial Ground). From a time and place where Zombie movies were meant to be scary, not action comedies >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I haven't seen this yet, but it appears to be a bit like The Blair Witch Project, in that either the approach gets you or it doesn't. I actually enjoyed BWP quite a bit just because it was interesting watching a film made so far outside if the Hollywood system. But it didn't scare me in the least.

Did you see Blair Witch? If so, how would you compare them?

Yes, its exactly like The Blair Witch Project. I dont like that style of filming (it gives me a slight headache after an hour or so) and Paranormal Activities had the added burden of being shot entirely within three rooms of a house (bedroom, hallway/stairs, living room) so its not even visually stimulating. Then you have to sit through 21 "days of footage" to get to the moneyshot. Ug. I suppose if you buy into "its the real stuff!" it may be slightly scary but at this point, that style movie isnt even fresh anymore.

Interview With A Vampire

I havent seen this movie since I was a child! I loved it. Makes me want to play Vampire Bloodlines for the 4th time! :p I Havent read any of the books, but I'm interested in them. I know i didnt like the movie that was related to the series, Queen of THe Damned. :lol: Not my cup of tea fellas.

I Havent read any of the books, but I'm interested in them.

The first two, Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat are outstanding. Things fall apart in book three, Queen of the Damned and thats where I stopped although Ive heard Anne Rice redeemed herself somewhat in book four, Tale of the Body Thief. I dont know anthing about the remaining six, Memnoch the Devil, The Vampire Armand, Merrik, Blood and Gold, Blackwood Farm and Blood Canticle.

Shrink - I picked this up, knowing nothing about it, because Kevin Spacey was in it. A rather odd little film about a shrink-to-the-famous who's having a break down. The plot goes rapidly and not always smoothly between him and about 4 other character arc/plots that to one degree or another eventually merge together. Very strange. Watchable and oft snidely amusing but not a great movie. Maybe 3 stars out of 5...slightly more if you're into making-fun-of-Hollywood satire & Kevin Spacey's type of sarcasm/acting,

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I Havent read any of the books, but I'm interested in them.

The first two, Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat are outstanding. Things fall apart in book three, Queen of the Damned and thats where I stopped although Ive heard Anne Rice redeemed herself somewhat in book four, Tale of the Body Thief. I dont know anthing about the remaining six, Memnoch the Devil, The Vampire Armand, Merrik, Blood and Gold, Blackwood Farm and Blood Canticle.

I read "The Vampire Armand" and it's actually pretty good.. although afterwards Antonio Banderas seems rather silly in "Interview with the Vampire" as Armand was supposedly turned as a 15 year old and was an extremely religious vampire.

-

Edit:

I haven't seen this film, but I had to share the embarrassing cover they've made for this one..

spread_cover.jpg <- This being the original...

And this is the altered Danish one, with an altered title as well.. I have to laugh at the pathetic photoshop edit! :thumbsup:

post-5477-1257775434_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

I have proff now that Ashton Kutcher really can act!

His performance in Personal Effects is moving, endearing and touching - and yes, sometimes even heart-breaking.

He plays opposite Michelle Pfeiffer; the plot is about that they both have lost someone; we follow how they slowly adapt to this new situation, and see how their life unfolds.

It really is a quiet little film...as in the effects are in the acting, not in the visuals...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Saw the remake of Pelham123....it was ok. John Travolta's overwrought "bad guy" acting mode is very worn in the tooth now, tho. His performance kept reminding me of Battlefield Earth. Hahaha.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No Shakespeare required...but If he toned it down just a little, it'd be better. It was especially out of place in Pelham because everyone else was generally so mellow. I think Travolta's on auto-pilot when he's playing a villain.

• 3 weeks later...

Bruno - Pretty graphic, like just serious **** action all over the place. Still, it was hilarious throughout, although I think I liked Borat better. It was also a lot more depressing to watch, the homophobia was hard to see. The best part was watching it again with the director's comments and hearing how they pulled off everything. It was amazing what they managed to do.

Bruno - Pretty graphic, like just serious **** action all over the place. Still, it was hilarious throughout, although I think I liked Borat better. It was also a lot more depressing to watch, the homophobia was hard to see. The best part was watching it again with the director's comments and hearing how they pulled off everything. It was amazing what they managed to do.

OMGZRS what happened to your character?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

2012. Pretty good. I laughed at the

neutrino

, or, to be more accurate, lack thereof. Effects were epic.

Next up for me is Ninja Assassin. Sounds like my kind of movie- no plot, no acting, just fighting.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Started watching Quarantine on Netflix. Shaky-cam style and 18 minutes before the first violence isn't making a good impression on me so far. Pick, pick, pick....

Is the (new) series V worth watching on Hulu? Never saw the old series but I'm kind of curious about the new one.

It ranges from relatively not good to reasonably mediocre though it is getting better, I think. I'll still continue watching though.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Is the (new) series V worth watching on Hulu? Never saw the old series but I'm kind of curious about the new one.

Since it costs nothing to do so, I'd say yes. At least the first couple, to see if you like it.

I haven't been watching it on TV but 'catch up' on it now and then on hulu...less commercials, too.