Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I haven't seen it yet (going on thursday), a friend of mine did though and he said it was fantastic, but it suffered a bit from trying to squeeze too much into one movie and that Scarlett Johanssen's character added nothing to the film.

I find it hard to believe that Scarlet Johanssen doesn't add anything, she's wonderful to look at.

Ninja Assassin - I knew what to expect, and I suppose it met those expectations. Eh.

Remember those fake trailers in Grind house? Well, here's the Machate movie.

WOOOO! I was so disappointed it wasn't an actual movie until now.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

2012. Your typical over the top end of the world movie.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Remember those fake trailers in Grind house? Well, here's the Machate movie.

WOOOO! I was so disappointed it wasn't an actual movie until now.

Me too bro. Tho I want to see the Werewolf women of the SS too.

I liked the first one well enough.

I also like how they cut out the 'Marvel Universe' intro. It's definitely a step above the rest.

Like the first one, a lot rides on Downey's antics as Tony Stark. Doesn't disappoint though. They seem to have hit just the right formula for ironic distance. Spiderman could be a bit of a sanctimonious prick, and the teenage romance bit got old very quick.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Anyway. Iron Man 2.

Better than # 1. I was pretty well entertained.

I always find it worrisome if it seems a sequel is going the 'ever more villains/subplots per sequel' route or something similar, as a way to try to up the ante/excitement. Sometimes it becomes so 'busy' everything becomes kind of lost, if that makes sense. Too many cooks, as they say. From what I've read it seemed Ironman2 might be falling into that.

I take it you felt it all gelled together?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Human Centipede.

There was so much hooha about it on Twitter/internet that I caved & rented it from Comcast PPV for $7 to see what all the fuss was about. I've now seen it and can tell others that it's absolutely not worth giving into the rubber-necking impulse to see it yourself. I will say it's not as visually graphic as some reviews make it sound (which is a good thing), it's more of a mental-grossout. Even if you like horror movies....seriously...don't see it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Human Centipede.

There was so much hooha about it on Twitter/internet that I caved & rented it from Comcast PPV for $7 to see what all the fuss was about. I've now seen it and can tell others that it's absolutely not worth giving into the rubber-necking impulse to see it yourself. I will say it's not as visually graphic as some reviews make it sound (which is a good thing), it's more of a mental-grossout. Even if you like horror movies....seriously...don't see it.

aw man, not even for the lulz? :ermm:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

aw man, not even for the lulz?

The actor playing the evil surgeon was kinda over-the-top funny in spots....but not enough to be worth it, imo. :ermm:

Ip Man, 1 & 2. Supposedly about the founder of Wing Tsun, which is somewhat similar to Ju-jutsu.

Man, it's a relief to see a martial arts movie where the principles don't routinely fly around like superman. They (Ip Man 1 & 2) are about the Japanese occupation, so they have the same setting as the greatest martial arts movie of all time, Fist of Legend. Unfortunately it kinda lacks Japanese characters which aren't complete caricatures. Still, it's like a welcome return to the old formula.

Ip Man kicking some ass :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Watched Avatar on Blu-ray the other day. As my first Blu-ray experience, all I can say is holy crap that was impressive. Characters not so deep, but good casting made them entertaining. Plot not so deep, but the action sequences were stunning and I thought the pacing was very good throughout.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

We still don't have Blu-Ray...everything we have still looks decent enough/isn't that old. But it's becoming more and more tempting. Would need a new TV too, since our 50" isn't 1080. Won't be buying 3Dtv for a while tho.

...I've been trying to watch this 2006 BBC Robin Hood tv series, but so far it's pretty dull. Mostly I watch serial TV instead of flicks now. Glee/House/Mentalist, trying to get into Castle.

Iron Man 2 - Entertaining, a fair bit rides on Downy, Jr doing the fun "antics", and Sam Rockwell gets a few of his own in...

The whole romance side seemed a touch forced through... and Nick Fury having scene time rather then just the 30 second cameo at the end of a Marvel movie... (but then of course, they've already started things going with both Thor and Captain America movies.... so that Avengers one won't be too long in coming)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Speaking of which, Captain America and Thor both get referenced (though the latter only after the end credits).

I was surprised at how much I sympathized with Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer. He was supposed to be a villain, but he had this endearing nerdy schtick going that really worked for him. He was like the low-glamour, jealous version of Tony Stark. The scene where he was

demo-ing weapons to Rhodey for the war machine suit

just had me laughing so hard.

Anyway. Iron Man 2.

Better than # 1. I was pretty well entertained.

I always find it worrisome if it seems a sequel is going the 'ever more villains/subplots per sequel' route or something similar, as a way to try to up the ante/excitement. Sometimes it becomes so 'busy' everything becomes kind of lost, if that makes sense. Too many cooks, as they say. From what I've read it seemed Ironman2 might be falling into that.

I take it you felt it all gelled together?

I've heard this, and my friend said this too, but I finally got around to seeing it today and it's just not true. It all pretty much worked as a solid story, there was not too much of anything. Although I did feel the inclusion of S.H.I.E.L.D. felt a bit shoehorned in, but I was prepared for that considering it was the same in the first flick.

I'm a bit antsy about the Avengers movie though. Joss Whedon directing a superhero flick featuring a whole bunch of well-known superheroes, played by people like Samuel L Jackson, Robert Downey Jr and Edward Norton? The anticipation level on this is going to rise through the roof and there is no way any film can live up to that.

Edited by TrueNeutral

The four feathers. Hope that you never get them. Because you won't be so awesome ridding yourself of shame.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Iron Man 2. The first was better; so was Kickass. The effects were friggin' epic though... They devote far to much time to

him being depressed/dying

, IMO. I didn't go to Iron Man to see emoting, I wanted to see him blow **** up... Which he did plenty of, to be sure. Also,

pseudoscience FTW

!

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS