Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Pandorum, a sci-fi horror movie. It was surprisingly good with some twists I didn't see coming.

I liked it also but Cung Le sure didn't help the picture.

All deception is self deception all hypnosis is auto-hypnosis

The Informant - Very good. Just wonderfully entertaining, but definitely makes me want to know more about the whole story.

There was a good This American Life about that and there's also a book about it as well.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I thought Pandorum had a lot of promise, but I was kind of disappointed that they spent so much energy on the horror monster element to it. I think it would've been more interesting if they'd kept that to a bare minimum for story needs and focused more on the chrs/other weirdness. It's like it was trying to be two different movies.

Most recent theater film I saw: How to Train Your Dragon, 2D version. Very cute w/the dragons & the rest worked well enough. Even my mother liked it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I liked it also but Cung Le sure didn't help the picture.

My initial reaction to him was 'what the hell is going on here?'. Once I figured out that the

ship contained people from countries all across the planet it didn't bother me as much. He actually made more sense as a survivor than the German scientist lady. Maybe she had a secondary degree in ass-kicking to stay alive

:lol:

Overall I had a great time with the movie and I wish more sci-fi epics like it were being made.

Watched Django from 1966. Lots of people got killed. Movie was pretty over-the-top. Not as good as the Leone films, IMO, but it certainly has its low budget charms.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched Django from 1966. Lots of people got killed. Movie was pretty over-the-top. Not as good as the Leone films, IMO, but it certainly has its low budget charms.

I really liked Django. For the coffin.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Awesome movie!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Kick-Ass ...it kicked ass. Hit-Girl was hilarious.

This.

EDIT: The first sentence of that was my facebook status immediately upon leaving the theater. Also, "I've always wanted a bazooka."

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I really liked Django. For the coffin.

yeah that was pretty clever (actually wish I hadn't been spoiled as to what was in it before seeing it)

Awesome movie!

It's definitely fun, I'll say that!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Finally watched Avatar.

That's James Cameron at his best. Inane script, nice action.

7/10

I just got it on Blu-Ray. It looks fantastic, easily the best Blu-Ray showcase movie out there.

Didn't they crop the Blu-Ray version?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Finally watched Avatar.

7/10

I just got it on Blu-Ray. It looks fantastic, easily the best Blu-Ray showcase movie out there.

Didn't they crop the Blu-Ray version?

I read this on some Amazon review:

Now despite the fact that this movie has no special features of any-kind. This Blu-ray disc transfer clearly uses every bit of data in the 50GB disc to give viewers the definitive raw-original quality presentation, THX-certified.

PICTURE QUALITY:

The Picture quality is probably the best any Blu-ray will ever be. They even present the video in it's original filmed aspect ratio that of the 3D IMAX aspect 16:9. So you actually see more picture because Jim Cameron cropped his 3D release to the wider aspect ratio for 2D theaters, while 3D theaters got the full aspect ratio presentation.

Finally watched Avatar.

7/10

I agree! I also bought it on Blu-Ray and it looks beautiful! You can admire the animation much more.

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Awesome movie!

Any movie that has inspired over a 100 sequels is automatically cinema gold.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Awesome movie!

Any movie that has inspired over a 100 sequels is automatically cinema gold.

But what was up with the Franco Nero staring Rambo-esque Django sequel?

Watched The Losers.

Great fun. Loved the bit about how villains henchmen understand the meaning of "the nod". But good action and fun characters = fun.

Paramount's "Iron Man 2" got an international head start on its domestic debut this Friday, pulling in $100.2 million in 53 foreign markets. While Hollywood blockbusters typically open around the same date in most countries, some get an overseas jump of a week or more on their U.S. debuts.

Any Europeans seen this yet? Is it the best thing since sliced bread?