Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Army of Darkness is usually the opener of any "Horror Night In" movie-thon at my place. The original Dawn of the Dead back-to-back with Sean of the Dead was a hit last time too, by this time it was about 0200 so we finished off with Dog Soldiers for the lulz.

The damage was 7 bottles of vino, 3 XL Dominator pizzas and 2 litres of ice cream.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Deathproof, Planet Terror, Daywatch.

All perfectly fine guy fodder. Great for beer and shouting. I secretly think Planet Terror is amazing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I watched Planet Terror again recently and it IS amazing.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My 4 memories of Planet Terror (didn't see it to the end unfortunately(?)):

-Not enough Bruce Willis

-

Stupid woman breaking both of her wrists(IIRC) on her car's door

-

Stupid woman's retarded kid managing to shoot himself in 2.3 seconds

(Seriously, twhat the hell was that?)

-Zombie menacingly looking at Doctor Guy, and theeeen

smearing some meat 'n' blood on his face then calling it a day. Okay yeah, the dude's probably ****ed, but what the hell kind of zombie is that?

...Oh yeah, awesome Werewolf Women of the SS trailer

Edited by Oner

My 4 memories of Planet Terror (didn't see it to the end unfortunately(?)):

-Not enough Bruce Willis

-

Stupid woman breaking both of her wrists(IIRC) on her car's door

-

Stupid woman's retarded kid managing to shoot himself in 2.3 seconds

(Seriously, twhat the hell was that?)

-Zombie menacingly looking at Doctor Guy, and theeeen

smearing some meat 'n' blood on his face then calling it a day. Okay yeah, the dude's probably ****ed, but what the hell kind of zombie is that?

...Oh yeah, awesome Werewolf Women of the SS trailer

To be fair...

-

The lady breaking her wrists was trying to open a car door after being injected with drugs intended to knock someone out/deaden pain

-

The kid wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed

-

The zombies original plan of killing the doctor with a bone saw didn't work, so it improvised plan B

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm not criticising, those were simply the scenes that stuck. Willis is Willis, the wristing was painful to watch, the kid was shocking (which was likely what Rodriguez was going for anyway) and the zombie thing was just weird.

And if the kid were smarter then I wouldn't have called him a retard. :lol:

okay [REC]2 was pretty awesome

the story went in a rather unexpected direction, but it worked out quite well. was cool to see certain characters making a comeback, but i sincerely hope they don't make a third movie. the story was wrapped up really well and to continue it would just kill the suspense i feel

Antichrist on the other hand was kinda disappointing

with everything i'd heard about it, i was expecting something horrifying and/or disturbing

sure there were a couple of pretty messed up scenes, but over all it was pretty average

i have to say i think those that walked out on this movie and couldn't handle it are damn wusses

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I found Antichrist to be quite dull, although that bit at the end was quite disgusting.

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine earlier in the week. There were some decent laughs, if you are old enough to have lived through the '80's.

Its not a great movie by any means, but you could probably do worse.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Is this REC 2 or the American remake 2, which rather interesting was shot in exactly the same location with a large number of hispanic in the cast.

it's [REC] 2

there hasn't been a remake of this one, and from what i've read, Quarantine 2 is going to be a different story altogether

The Number 23

after seeing Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind i was curious to see Jim Carrey in more serious roles, but this one really was a stretch...

here's and example of the type of bull**** that made up the entire movie:

oh my god there's an F in your name!

F is the 6th letter of the alphabet

6 = 2x3

2 x 3

23!!

The Number 23

after seeing Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind i was curious to see Jim Carrey in more serious roles, but this one really was a stretch...

here's and example of the type of bull**** that made up the entire movie:

oh my god there's an F in your name!

F is the 6th letter of the alphabet

6 = 2x3

2 x 3

23!!

I take it you can't see the Fnords yet?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Clash of the Titans (the new one) .. eh.. it's an average'ish movie. watchable, but I'd say more for the dvd then a rush to the cinema for it. Some nice acting, and the cgi doesn't get too in-your face for the majority of it. Kind of wish the Medusa had more of a speaking role then a slither and hiss..

I didn't get quite the same "epic greek" feel to it that I had watching the original version for the first time.

Admittedly, I was about 12 when I saw that first.. but still...

And no nods to the Harryhausen school of stop motion either.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I saw Slumdog Millionaire and Where The Wild Things Are the other day.

Slumdog Millionaire is generally pretty bad with the generic love overcomes all plot, the bad acting and generic direction. Danny Boyle really is capable of the best and worst. I can't believe it got so many awards. I was going to say this was the worst Best Film Oscar winner since Shakespeare in Love, but I actually think Shakespeare in Love was better.

Where The Wild things Are was a nice children's movie, I guess. I was expecting more, though. The only things that stood out were the art direction, and the cinematography.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Saw Armored. . . and I regret it. Like the great Roger Ebert would say:" I wouldn't eat this movie if it was a sandwich" :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just saw the new Sherlock Holmes. I'm a fan of Sir Conan Doyle's original works - I've read all the stories more than once - but I don't care how faithful Ritchie's film is or isn't to those works. I enjoyed the movie a great deal.

Also saw The Men Who Stare At Goats recently. Disappointing. It had such potential, but it really ended up not going in any one direction with it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Of course Robert Downey was up against the only real Sherlock Holmes ....

Agreed 100%. Brett's portrayal of Holmes was what persuaded me to buy the books. But I thought Downey had great onscreen chemistry with both Jude Law and Rachel McAdams.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Saturday night, came back from a BBQ, switch on the box and something called Knowing with Nic Cage is on Sky Movies. Nic Cage is the hardest working man in Hollywood, but bejaysus he seems to be attracted to crap scripts.

Because, movie fans, Knowing is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I know that's a big thing to say but it's true. It's not even so-bad-it's-good.

It's a mish-mash of The Sixth Sense, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and a really bottom of the barrel episode of The X Files. and, (this is the killer) the first 45 minutes is interesting, in a just got back from a BBQ on Saturday night and want to watch a movie kinda way.

Then, after you've invested that 45 minutes that your'e never getting back, the film degenerates into a complete farce. I actually laughed out loud at the end. I actually said to my wife "can you imagine having to pitch this movie to a studio... and they said yes." But she was already asleep.

Honestly, this film inhabits it's own completely ludicrous circle of hell where the wheels fall off once you turn the ignition on. Avoid.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG