Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I can't believe Van Damme actually refused a part in The Expendables.

Well, he's French. Sacre Bleu! :ermm:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

He's Belgian, actually.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Book of Eli

*plot groan*

It was pretty good though untill it got obvious where it was heading.

It should have ended about 20 minutes before it ended. There was a perfect place to end it.

Eli: "God is good, always."

Carnegie: "No... not always."

*BANG*

The End.

Why was Gary Oldman so disappointed though, it would hardly be impossible for a seeing man to crack the brail alphabet with a little patience.

It takes about an hour. You only need a page of language in question and then check how often letters come up and then do the same thing to brail text and voila.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Product placement scenes are always awkward, remember when they used cola bottles for a blood transfusions in Pearl Harbor. Blade 2, or was it 3 when the sexy young vampire hunter had to load up her Ipod to listen to while out smiting the undead - after all it's not like being able to hear while fighting for your life would be in any way useful.

Why not just stop the movie and show an actual commercial, the pretense that the product actually matters is just stupid.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I thought Return of the Killer Tomatoes did it well.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

New predator trailer is out

Hate to say it, but it looks all right. Actually feels more like Alien/s then Predator.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Product placement scenes are always awkward, remember when they used cola bottles for a blood transfusions in Pearl Harbor. Blade 2, or was it 3 when the sexy young vampire hunter had to load up her Ipod to listen to while out smiting the undead - after all it's not like being able to hear while fighting for your life would be in any way useful.

Why not just stop the movie and show an actual commercial, the pretense that the product actually matters is just stupid.

With the costs involved with making movies, I have a hard time blaming the producers for finding ways to offset the costs. I understand if it is done badly, but he had a beat up early generation iPod that looked the part. I found it easy to believe. Would you rather he sport a Walkman?

I'm on holiday and have watched some movies from cds and such home stuff. Soem of them are:

crazy martians

decoys 1&2

starship troopers 2&3

a nightmare on elm street from 1 to 7

national treasure

narnia chronicles 1&2

xena

dragon's world

the tempt

solaris

papillon

end of days

galaxy quest

veronica guerin

hellboy 1&2

conan the barbarian

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

With the costs involved with making movies, I have a hard time blaming the producers for finding ways to offset the costs. I understand if it is done badly, but he had a beat up early generation iPod that looked the part. I found it easy to believe. Would you rather he sport a Walkman?

I agree. :thumbsup:

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

While I understand your point, I also think it's completely appropriate for a person (namely me) to be repulsed by the degree to which advertising and product promotion has insinuated itself into our daily life. The sheer volume of product images I am exposed to on a daily basis is completely out of control. Happily, it just irritates me, which I think is a mostly positive reaction.

Nothing I (or we) can do about it anyway but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be commented on periodically.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yesterday I have started to watch 'slither' movie from cds, but have watched only 17 minutes. I shall continue today but I doubt I will finish it today as it is late now.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

Guest The Architect

Sweeney Todd. Really enjoyed that. I didn't know it was going to be a musical until they started singing, but of course alarm bells should have been ringing considering Tim Burton directed it who did the Willy Wonka movies. That's all I know of his work, and Alice in Wonderland. Is that out yet?

I finally saw Avatar in 3D. It was cool, but the depth-of-field really drives you crazy. Like there is a room full of people and only one guy in the middle is in focus, your eyes/brain are trying to get other things in focus as you look around but you cant because the film itself is blurry. The pure CGI scenes are better because the're not restricted by physical lens limitations, but they still play around with CG depth of field effects which makes your eyes pop out of your head from strain

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sweeney Todd. Really enjoyed that. I didn't know it was going to be a musical until they started singing, but of course alarm bells should have been ringing considering Tim Burton directed it who did the Willy Wonka movies. That's all I know of his work, and Alice in Wonderland. Is that out yet?

You don't know Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Batman Returns, Corpse Bride, and Ed Wood? Burton's one of my favorite directors. I'd say Ed Wood is his best film.

Sherlock Holmes there was about equal parts good and bad in this film, probably would have been better off if Guy Richie made the movie as an original franchise. It seemed like it would have been easy to dump the obligatory Holmes shtick and switched it out with say Max Dugan Rereturns Much Later

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.