Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Today I saw the following:

The Hurt Locker - Doesn't really say anything particularly interesting about war, but manages to present us with a couple of great characters. The acting is great, especially by Anthony Mackie, and the direction really succeeds in maintaining things tense during the missions. Also, the film handles death very well. All in all, pretty damn good.

The Men Who Stare at Goats - It felt like a fairly dumb guy found some great material for a story, managed to recognize it as such, and then proceeded to waste it. It has its moments of humor and a great cast but it was still uninspired.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox - Made outstanding by the writing of Roald Dahl, while reminding me why I like Wes Anderson so much. The soundtrack was great, the art direction was great, the impressive cast does a very, very nice job and the pace was top notch. A lot of fun.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

silent hill

for a video game movie it wasn't all that bad, though it made absolutely no sense for Pyramid Head to be in it...

Did it make any sense for him to be in the game?!?

I haven't played the game. Enjoyed the movie though, bought it on DVD. Mind you, I like Frankenfish too, so my taste in movies may be a bit suspect ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I haven't played the game, but the film gave me nightmares. Which I guess is a win.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

in the game he's pretty much the embodiment of the protagonist's masochistic desires

but in the movie he's pretty much just a token iconic character that does not fit in with the story at all

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Law Abiding Citizen

Granted, I was only half watching, half gaming, but the plot seemed way out there. So the guy waits ten years to spring his revenge but then does so by purposely getting thrown in prison just so he can sneakily break out to do the revenge killing? What? Why didnt he just kill everyone from the shadows?

Couples Retreat

A few giggles and three hot lead actresses. Good for a viewing but nothing to come back to.

in the game he's pretty much the embodiment of the protagonist's masochistic desires

but in the movie he's pretty much just a token iconic character that does not fit in with the story at all

Also, if I remember correctly Pyramid Head didn't appear until Silent Hill 2.

Anyway, the film was decent and had some images that burned itself into my brain, but it has NOTHING on the second game, which lodged itself squarely into my subconscious and comes out to destroy me into a puddle of sweat that jumps out of bed in terror at least once per season.

Captalism: A love Story, ok not really a 'movie', but still a great watch.

How does it compare with 'Bowling'?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

IMO it was better, quite funny to know big business/corporations consider us 'peasants'. If you enjoy MM docs, you will like A love story.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

MM needs to stop.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Only if you hate free speech. :aiee:

I saw Alice in Wonderland. I liked it.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Only if you hate free speech. :aiee:

I saw Alice in Wonderland. I liked it.

I love free speech. MM just annoys me. I never said he legally needs to stop, just that I would greatly appreciate it...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Also, if I remember correctly Pyramid Head didn't appear until Silent Hill 2.

Anyway, the film was decent and had some images that burned itself into my brain, but it has NOTHING on the second game, which lodged itself squarely into my subconscious and comes out to destroy me into a puddle of sweat that jumps out of bed in terror at least once per season.

quite correct, and with the movie being mostly based on the first game, it really doesn't fit at all

other than that though it definitely did have some memorable scenes

those nurses were awesome :aiee:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

IMO it was better, quite funny to know big business/corporations consider us 'peasants'. If you enjoy MM docs, you will like A love story.

Scary as hell - if even half the stuff he proposes is true.. *brrrr* I think I need to rattle some sabres here in my own country..

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, I enjoy the experience of being outraged by him. But I don' take them remotely seriously since I discovered how much he manipulates the presentation. He treats us with as litttle respect as the people he portrays.

-Elwood Blues

The Book of Eli

*plot groan*

It was pretty good though untill it got obvious where it was heading. Why was Gary Oldman so disappointed though, it would hardly be impossible for a seeing man to crack the brail alphabet with a little patience.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.