Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

http://www.program-glitch-esc.net/

Tron Legacy trailer.

Also, saw The Postman. Why does everyone hate Kevin Costner post-apocalypse movies but me?

You're not alone, Oerwinde.

My self imposed solitude has led to a few good movie rewatches, like Jersey Girl and Million Dollar Baby.

Plus I started watching True Blood last night. It's pretty good so far.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Solomon Kane.. entertaining in its way, without being overly brilliant.

Pete Postlethwaite and Alice Krige do a nice turn as the "friendly puritan family".

Some average to good minor cgi effects for "minions of hell"

And a fair few sword/axe fights and blood spillage.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why does everyone hate Kevin Costner post-apocalypse movies but me?

I liked Waterworld. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in the world who did :getlost:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I liked Waterworld. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in the world who did :shifty:

When Black Death cigarettes went out of business in 1999, I quit smoking. I enjoyed the "Surgeon General's Warning: If You Smoke These, They Will Kill You".

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I liked Waterworld. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in the world who did o:)

When Black Death cigarettes went out of business in 1999, I quit smoking. I enjoyed the "Surgeon General's Warning: If You Smoke These, They Will Kill You".

They changed to "Surgeon General's Warning: If you smoke these, I will find you and I will kill you."

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I liked Waterworld. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in the world who did :lol:

Yes, yes you are.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I liked Waterworld. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in the world who did :p

I liked Waterworld as well. Kevin Costner himself is an awful actor, but he's done some pretty good movies. Kinda like Brad Pitt. He doesn't always do a good job, but the movies he chooses tend to be pretty good.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The big issue I had with Waterworld was I went in with high expectations. It was supposed to be an epic and he spent a ton of money on it. I saw it in the theatre on opening weekend and it disappointed me. Now I catch it on TV every once in awhile and it is pretty watch-able. So I'd say expectations play a big part.

The Postman is the opposite for me, I had no expectations going into the first viewing of that one, and I found it wonderfully entertaining. In fact it is high up on my Post Apoc. movie list, probably in the top 3.

Shrek Forever trailer

Dunno how the end product will look like, but this trailer is better than the whole of Shrek 3.

Ok, that did a pretty good job of selling the movie (and I haven't even bothered watching the third one) :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Green Zone. Obviously, much of it is fictitious and the thriller aspect comes first and foremost but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The climax, a frenetic twenty minute foot-chase across Baghdad, really is something. Seriously, it wore me out. Awesome score too. Almost as awesome as the handlebars Jason Isaacs sports.

Anyway, where are all the Tron-heads at?! The teaser trailer was the cats pyjamas. Actually, something the director said really struck a chord with me.

It's a father/son/son story. Kevin has a biological son Sam and a digital son Clu. It's an interesting dynamic between those characters. Really the heart of the movie.

I'm fascinated by Clu's role in all this. CG-Bridges looks incredible.

I liked Waterworld. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person in the world who did :shifty:

I liked Waterworld as well. Kevin Costner himself is an awful actor, but he's done some pretty good movies. Kinda like Brad Pitt. He doesn't always do a good job, but the movies he chooses tend to be pretty good.

Except for Benjamin Button. That really is one of the most boring movies I've seen.

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Waterworld.

lol.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.