Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Legion - almost comes off as a zombie movie with angels instead of zombies when an out of the way diner becomes the battleground for the future of the human race...

Although Paul Bettany as a renegade archangel Michael is some entertaining... :mellow:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Legion - almost comes off as a zombie movie with angels instead of zombies when an out of the way diner becomes the battleground for the future of the human race...

Although Paul Bettany as a renegade archangel Michael is some entertaining... :thumbsup:

Paul Bettany is great.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Revisited one of my childhood favorites: The Lawnmower Man.

Just don't watch the sequel. :thumbsup:

I did it, just out of obligation. Better visual effects but the damn story is just something out of a children's tale.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

From Paris With Love- Hell yes. One of the best movies I've seen since Taken. 9/10.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Stumbled on Clue going cheap from Amazon and got nostalgic and picked up a copy..

Sat down and watched it with all three possible endings :thumbsup: A little silly, but still a classic comedy. Tim Curry does brilliantly as the Butler..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Caught up on some movies over the weekend:

Shutter Island - The direction is solid with some great moments, especially in the dream sequences, but it has a retarded plot with a twist that is announced 10 minutes into the movie.

The Secret of Kells - A series of beautiful paintings with a nice, uplifting story that doesn't talk down to the viewers

In The Loop - Excellent, intelligent political satire, with quite a few hilarious moments. It perfectly depicts how I imagine political decisions are made.

The Time Traveler's Wife - A great idea in principle, drowned in monumental levels of schmaltz. The two leads work quite well together.

(500) Days Of Summer - A shallow comedy aiming at depth, in the vein of Annie Hall and When Harry Met Sally. Works mostly because of Zooey Deschanel who has the part of another variation of the same character she always plays. Also, the soundtrack is almost my soundtrack.

Pontypool - A low budget psychological zombie thriller set in Pontypool, Ontario radio station where the zombie illness is transmitted through the English language. Awesome.

Up in The Air - Generally great,, with a large problem in the main character's transformation, which feels done by decree instead of natural and supported by the plot. However, its treatment of the firing process is great, never simplifying or trivializing the situation, and it's generally a very beautiful film despite being shot in offices and hotels. Also, Vera Farmiga does some great acting. Her naked body makes an appearance. Recommended.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Hurt Locker. Tried to watch it once before but after 1/2 an hour I turned it off from boredom. This time, watched it with my girlfriend and her niece and managed to get through to the end. Was a struggle and we all agreed it was long, boring, tedious. It was to show the girlfriend that even boring movies can win an Oscar.

Caught up on some movies over the weekend:

Shutter Island - The direction is solid with some great moments, especially in the dream sequences, but it has a retarded plot with a twist that is announced 10 minutes into the movie.

The Secret of Kells - A series of beautiful paintings with a nice, uplifting story that doesn't talk down to the viewers

In The Loop - Excellent, intelligent political satire, with quite a few hilarious moments. It perfectly depicts how I imagine political decisions are made.

The Time Traveler's Wife - A great idea in principle, drowned in monumental levels of schmaltz. The two leads work quite well together.

(500) Days Of Summer - A shallow comedy aiming at depth, in the vein of Annie Hall and When Harry Met Sally. Works mostly because of Zooey Deschanel who has the part of another variation of the same character she always plays. Also, the soundtrack is almost my soundtrack.

Pontypool - A low budget psychological zombie thriller set in Pontypool, Ontario radio station where the zombie illness is transmitted through the English language. Awesome.

Up in The Air - Generally great,, with a large problem in the main character's transformation, which feels done by decree instead of natural and supported by the plot. However, its treatment of the firing process is great, never simplifying or trivializing the situation, and it's generally a very beautiful film despite being shot in offices and hotels. Also, Vera Farmiga does some great acting. Her naked body makes an appearance. Recommended.

A kitten that reviews movies! :ermm:

I want one... :shifty:

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

It was to show the girlfriend that even boring movies can win an Oscar.

Even Titanic won an oscar :)

Saw "Dark City" last night. Just to dust off my blu-ray player.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein