Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

You're half correct. The book was a just about above average scifi/horror story, with a few good ideas. The film ditches even those few ideas, and thus what remains is rubbish. Plus its possibly the worst CGI I've ever seen in a major motion picture.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

The Book of Eli - Well, this was tough to review. As a film, it was pretty average. There were some good parts and bad parts. It was too slow in a few spots. The acting was very good and kept the pacing from being too unbearable.

But as a post apocalyptic flick, it was very good. It had some Mad Max/Fallout parts that were just a delight and made it worth the price of admission. Plus I liked the overall plot, it was better than a generic purify the water and reconnect with daddy plot.

The Book of Eli - Well, this was tough to review. As a film, it was pretty average. There were some good parts and bad parts. It was too slow in a few spots. The acting was very good and kept the pacing from being too unbearable.

But as a post apocalyptic flick, it was very good. It had some Mad Max/Fallout parts that were just a delight and made it worth the price of admission. Plus I liked the overall plot, it was better than a generic purify the water and reconnect with daddy plot.

Yeah, but was it better than Waterworld?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It was better than Waterworld but not as good as the Postman.

But it also wasn't like 4 hours long, so there ya go.

It was better than Waterworld but not as good as the Postman.

But it also wasn't like 4 hours long, so there ya go.

That's somewhat positive. FOr whatever reason, it made me think of both The Postman and Waterworld when I saw the adverts. WHich is definitely not a good thing. Although, I only saw about the first 30 minutes of The Postman, so maybe it got better later.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I Am Legend - Great movie.

I could not disagree more, they ruined the story with the new ending. :shifty:

I thought the movie was rubbish, and missed the point of the book entirely.

True. :shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

"The Postman and Waterworld"

Both underrated. True epics. Then again, I didn't see them when they first came out so I probably didn't overhype myself like others did.

"they ruined the story with the new ending."

I agree that the ending was too light and fluffy (and seemed too tagged on); but those last 5 minutes don't destroy the 95 minutes before then filled with great action, drama, atmosphere, and fantastic acting.

P.S. Screw the book. It is useless, and cant match Will Smith and the dog's awesome acting.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The Postman and Waterworld"

True epics.

:wacko:

By, definition, that's exactly what they are. Whether one likes them or not is irrelevant.

epic crapola, maybe.

Sat through 2012 last night.. usually I'm not big on disaster films.. but that was fairly decent. When everything starts going to crap.. it can look quite impressive, and its got some nice turns of acting going on..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

" I wonder how he landed that role. "

He auditioned, and won? That's how it tends tom work unless you are a big star and the movie is made around you. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Realised there was a hole in the dvd library.. at a time when amazon was offering a 60% price cut.. so grabbed the Star Trek boxed set, all 10 "pre-reboot" films.. and it's arrived today. So pondering which of them to watch.. :lol:

Wrath of Khan isn't half bad. All others are utter rubbish.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

wot, the movies?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well Ricardo Montalban did steal Wrath of Khan :lol:

Actually went through Generations and First Contact now...

I mean, Generations, okay, not a great movie, but it does have some nice moments in it. And bloody hell, its already 16 years old... yeesh, where does the time fly?