Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Checking out Avatar on friday at IMAX. Hopefully my experience will be more like Nick's than Devin's (CHUD.com reviewers, Nick gave it a 9.2 out of 10, Devin a 6.9)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not as ridiculous as he did in the comics:

mickey-rourke-whiplash.jpg

(only pic I could find)

Haha! Glad he doesn't have a green pony-tail. :*

I hope Mickey is good in the role...I'd love to see him continue his 'comeback' after years of being..well, less than stellar.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Twilight: I expected this to be crap since that seems to be the consensus. Wrong. While it is definitely nothing original, it's an above average movie and the atcing/writing despite some sore spots is really underrated. The leads were fantastic despite the emoness though Edward's family were dissapointing.

Push: Weird movie with a what is that the end? type finish...

Inkheart: Alright movie; but it was a lot more serious in nature than I thought it be.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

District 9

I liked it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Avatar: bloody epic. One of the year's best movies, for sure.

Inglorious Basterds (again): Killin' Nazis. Great movie.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Yeah, I was mighty pissed at HBO, but I can't blame them for ending the series. It was pretty expensive to make.

I just came home from seeing The Road. It was just as sad and depressing as the book.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The Road is very, very bleak. You could probably read through it in an evening if you had nothing else to do.

And speaking of Carnivale, I'd have to say the episode where Jonesy gets

tarred and feathered

was one of my favorites.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

District 9 - Good. I guess it is set up for a sequel, but I can't really imagine it carrying the same message a second time through. I think it is stronger as a stand alone movie.

Extract - Disappointing. Office Space is the bees knees, but this didn't have the charm. I suppose it's tough to hit it out of the park every time.

I also watched my blu-ray versions of Galaxy Quest and Gladiator. Always fun, I like the extras.

And speaking of Carnivale, I'd have to say the episode where Jonesy gets

tarred and feathered

was one of my favorites.

Dude, there is a Carnivale thread in my head somewhere, but I haven't gone to the wiki entry. I'm just reluctant to read behind the scenes stuff sometimes because I don't want to ruin what I got out of the movie/show/song. Sometimes I do, though.

Seen Sherlock Holmes, and I loved it, even as a long time fan. A genuinely clever adaptation with plenty of fizz.

Invictus was excellent, but less fizzy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Why oh why did they even bother to make Night at the Museum2?

Seen Sherlock Holmes, and I loved it, even as a long time fan. A genuinely clever adaptation with plenty of fizz.

Am a huge Holmes fan (not the moviesl, just the books)...the ads make this new film look like Holmes=Bond or something, vs. an intellectual.

Ads misleading? ...I did like that they seemed to turn Watson into something a bit closer to the stories, instead of a bumbling idiot sidekick.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Why oh why did they even bother to make Night at the Museum2?

The female lead had a nice butt? ...And, oh, so tight pants.

Watched last episode of second season of Darker than Black and I still haven

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Battlestar Galactica's The Plan. Pretty good, gives insight from a Cylon point of view.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Am a huge Holmes fan (not the moviesl, just the books)...the ads make this new film look like Holmes=Bond or something, vs. an intellectual.

Ads misleading? ...I did like that they seemed to turn Watson into something a bit closer to the stories, instead of a bumbling idiot sidekick.

I always knew you were a woman of taste and discretion. :) Yes, Watson is far better. Yes, Holmes is quite action oriented. nbut then you will know from the books he is judo master, gets into boxing matches, and has tremendous physical control. He enjoys a chase and a scrap. I shouldn't pay too much mind to the ads. They are for the hoi polloi.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Battlestar Galactica's The Plan. Pretty good, gives insight from a Cylon point of view.

I just bought that one, haven't seen it yet. Still waiting for a complete season 4 set (without Razor which I already have) to be released some day.

Also, bought season 2 of Sarah Connor Chronicles. I've seen the first 10 or so episodes. Quite addictive, didn't get any sleep this night :)

What an awesome first and a half season so far. Me like :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I saw sherlock holmes tonight. I have to agree with Wals, it is a solid film. I actually really enjoyed the sound/music and the style of the whole thing. Don't go in expecting any kind of story and you should be pleasantly satisfied with the action and tomfoolery abound.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.