Dragon Age story/plot discussion

alanschu

Wandering around Lothering for the first time. The 'conventional fantasy RPG-ness' is putting me off a little (lots of people with predictable little problems for me to resolve), but that's probably just my mood.

I thought Lothering was the biggest missed opportunity for the world design - super boring 'here be a town' that recalls.... well, recalls the starting village in NWN2. You build up the whole shebang with the big darkspawn battle and all the blood and carnage and such, then you get to Lothering and instead of the impending blight looming over the village you get a sunny happy village that you're told is suffering but all you really see is a few sick people. It would have been nice for Lothering to be a real anarchic spot, with looting, arson, vicious fights over food (as opposed to mild disagreements) and more.

There are feasible alternatives to Alistair and Morrigan within reach.

Yeah, no kidding. My save was probably within a stone's throw of two of them when I posted that comment.

Although I wish that I had recruited these two before I sold all that extra loot I brought back from Oz. I was up against the backpack cap coming into town, so the first thing I wanted to do was find a merchant and unload. The new folks could use some of those bits of armor I didn't think I had a use for.

Hmm i believe it does, although i'm not sure either as i don't use it. Instead of selling i just keep most of my loot in storage. And my dwarf in camp always seems to have stat giving books in his inventory, even if i buy them all, after i come back to camp.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Morrigan is imo the best character ever created by Bio, by a mile. However it seem many, women disliked her, I really can't imagine why? :shifty:

When I'm replaying the game as a mage, she can stay at camp forever. I bet she doesn't even leave when you get her approval to 0, considering her being the face of the game and all... I've been wasting a lot of gifts to keep her approval around 0 and all for nothing.

Leliana is the companion with the most interesting backstory for me. I triggered her quest yesterday and it's pretty interesting.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.