Dragon Age story/plot discussion

alanschu

I believe it is possible to import your BioWare account information though.

Yeah, that's what I did. Although I'm not sure if it was any different from registering a new account except in that it had my e-mail address filled in already (which needed to be updated anyway).

I just went through the Mage Origin and there's something I don't get:

Why did that demon-in-disguise mage even bother to help you? Just because he sensed you were 'special'? Or is something that will come up later on?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Phew. Okay, thanks to everyone's help in here I am now a member of BioWare Social with a registered copy of Dragon Age and the Stone guy DLC. I also wanted Warden's Keep, so I bought a few Bio points. However, it tells me to refresh my wallet.

Well, damn. Where the hell IS this point wallet, how do I find it and how do I refresh it. I swear, I spent two hours on this game this morning, and I haven't even started the danged thing.

If anyone can help me (yes, I guess I'm forum illiterate), I'd really appreciate it!

Phew. Okay, thanks to everyone's help in here I am now a member of BioWare Social with a registered copy of Dragon Age and the Stone guy DLC. I also wanted Warden's Keep, so I bought a few Bio points. However, it tells me to refresh my wallet.

Well, damn. Where the hell IS this point wallet, how do I find it and how do I refresh it. I swear, I spent two hours on this game this morning, and I haven't even started the danged thing.

If anyone can help me (yes, I guess I'm forum illiterate), I'd really appreciate it!

i had the exact same thoughts you're having now

it took me 3 hours to install and configure all the shenanigans before i could actually start playing. it was like installing vista

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

There should be a circle shaped arrow left of the online profile button at the DLC screen. If there isn't, click on online profile, alt tab back into the game and it should appear.

I'm level 10 and I've yet to meet the 'trainer' to become a Champion... anyone know where (s)he is? Maybe I should become a Templar instead... :ermm:

This one is a bit obscure.

How you will likely have to get it: It'll be on a book on a vendor. Keep and eye out for it.

The most consistent way of getting it (I'm not sure where the book is), is unfortunately done much later in the game, towards the end game. The trainer is a person that you don't have access to until all the open world plots are done. It is

Loghain

(this could be a big spoiler. Read at own risk!!!!

Once you unlock any specialization, they should be available for all subsequent characters though.

I did not get my Champion specialization from him or from a book. You can get it by completely a major quest chain the 'good' way.

I guess female Grey Wardens get nothing then? Male Grey Warden = canon?

Female Grey Wardens get… something. A number of female players are rather unhappy with that something.

The male Grey Warden has interesting somethings as well. I dare say that they’re not canon, but the experience is superior.

Morrigan is the face of the game for a reason.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Female Grey Wardens get

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm level 10 and I've yet to meet the 'trainer' to become a Champion... anyone know where (s)he is? Maybe I should become a Templar instead... :lol:

You have to finish Redcliffe completely. That's how I got it. My character went Templar/Berserker, but I think Champion/Templar would be the most powerful combo. Templars are very effective in fights with mages and the Champion increases abilities etc.

I didn't find the berserker's skills very useful. I think they were going for increased damage output at the cost of reduced defense & stamina, but enemies have so much HP anyways and they tend to swarm so basically you just die.

I think a good defense is much better than a good offense in DA.

Where did you find the Berserker book or trainer? I've gotten Templar, Ranger, and Bard, and am closing on Champion, but I really want to unlock Berserker, too.

last night i fought that ogre dude at the top of the tower in the orgamar whatever the hell name of the camp it was called. you know, at the beginning.

that boss fight was crazy awesome imo. it was more fun for me than any boss fight in nwn, or even bg1. just my party: including the nameless circle mage dude, Loki my dog, myself as swordnshield fighter and alistair as the same.

on normal difficulty i needed two healing potions and almost lost my char at one point (very close call!) but no one actually died, does the game get a lot harder later or was that representative (cause i thought it was a perfectly balanced challenge)

it was fun because i actually felt like i was fighting the boss, when he'd throw a rock at someone i had to actually dodge the rock by hiding behind pillars and stuff. manually aiming spells to avoid friendly fire too... it was like bg combat with a little pizzaz in there too. really really fun encounter.

flaming weapons seemed insanely useful in that tower dungeon area, i never hear people talk about that spell though... does its usefulness disappear early on?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just finished the elf forest part.

I really liked the story part, the setup was nice and the confrontation at the end was really cool. It would be nice if, for once, everyone didn't straight out lie to you or at least keep important details back when sending you to your potential death for whatever reason. I really liked the new keeper, Bioware can make some actual non-snarky characters if they really put their minds to it. The areas and other quests weren't all that great, just your usual dungeon crawl with a few side quests thrown in. The werewolves got a bit boring to fight as well. Still, I liked the overall questline more than the Mage Tower one.

Wandering around Lothering for the first time. The 'conventional fantasy RPG-ness' is putting me off a little (lots of people with predictable little problems for me to resolve), but that's probably just my mood.

I'm playing as a Mage, and I seem to have inadvertently taken my early spells as a near-copy of Morrigan's (the Ice line, the Horror line, the one with Paralyze in it). So she's probably not going to be contributing much to my campaign. But that's OK-- most of the supposedly-witty banter so far has left me groaning, so I'll probably ditch these two wannabe comedians I'm lugging about as soon as I have some feasible alternatives. (The dog, Thelonious, can stay.)

Not sure where I'll go next. From a role-playing point of view, the Circle of Magi seems to be the logical starting point, because my character knows the First Enchanter, and knows that he's a reasonable and responsible guy to deal with, who isn't likely to

pay much attention to the bounty on Grey Wardens

. Although it's probably a good idea to wait until I have a companion alternative to Morrigan before I show up there. I haven't talked to everyone in this town yet, though, so no need for a decision just yet.

@entrerix:

You had the dog with you for the tower fight? I didn't seem to have an option to recruit him until after the battle. The game gave me a nameless "Soldier" (S&S) and "Tower Guard" (mostly a crossbowman) for that area. The "Soldier" actually finished off the

Ogre

for me-- I lost Alistair pretty early in the fight, but the rest of us made it out OK (with a few less mana potions in my pocket).

Depending on your origin, the Dog appears at different times. There are feasible alternatives to Alistair and Morrigan within reach.

I went to the Circle first, and found it very useful for my warrior. I'm not sure how useful it would be for another mage.

Oh, dear God. Please tell me you're kidding. No way would BioWare, with Gaidar and several female writers, do such a disgusting thing to their female fanbase.

You might want to play the game before reading the spoilers.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Morrigan is imo the best character ever created by Bio, by a mile. However it seem many, women disliked her, I really can't imagine why? :ermm:

A question for Alanschu though. You said Morrigan has a different epilogue if you romance her, how do you get it? I had the ring and approval of 100% but I just get the standard epilogue. No thinking of the PC. Is it because I selected that I understood and was thankful for everything she had done? Not that I care or anything. :-;(

This game is also very buggy on my second playthrough, I did not get Oghren when I was supposed to and could never select him at the party selection screen, despite having an invisible dwarf have dialogue with Branka and he was there at the end. Also I

killed Loghain

yet I had dialogue with him at the final battle and at the epilogue. Also at the the palace in Denerim, Morrigan answers what comes my friend, then when we leave goes to your desire.(switches between freind/lover) The game also started a romance with Leliana despite just being friends and then started it again after I choose Morrigan. :lol:

Despite those bug, this is my fav game by a loooong way. Now excuse me, I've filled my social quota for the next few days, back to playing DA.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

A question for Alanschu though. You said Morrigan has a different epilogue if you romance her, how do you get it? I had the ring and approval of 100% but I just get the standard epilogue. No thinking of the PC. Is it because I selected that I understood and was thankful for everything she had done? Not that I care or anything.

I don't remember the details. Though my decision was to agree with Morrigan's request. I imagine that if you don't, there's not much difference in dialogue. When I quickly made it to that scene in a hacked/speed playthrough where I warped to that part, her lines were spoken with much more indifference for her request.