Dragon Age story/plot discussion

alanschu

There's a bridge in Redcliffe you can walk across that leads to a dead end. Whenever you do so, you get party banter. It's the sort of thing that ME's NPCs desperately needed.

"Stop looking at my breasts that way; tis most uncomfortable."

"We could go shopping for shoes Morrigan. Shoes!"

"I was a Templar. I was educated by the Chantry. They don't make stupid Templars!"

"Well, I'm convinced."

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hehe, the shoe conversation did make me laugh.

Some might find it a bit too silly, but I enjoyed almost all of the party banter. Especially the silly ones :)

When Alistair "shows up" Morrigan by "stumping" her with a question was great!

Alright so someone who has already played this game help me and give me tips on

fighting dragons.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Alright so someone who has already played this game help me and give me tips on

fighting dragons.

Here is my strategy as a rogue, tank, dps-mage-with-heal, healer

My best success was to move my rogue away and use a bow (even though he was specc'd dagger. He would just take too much damage from the AOE attacks), let my tank get aggro, and set my spell casters to cast Alistair (tank) or do the default staff attack. If I had lots of mana potions I'd cast occasional attack spells as well, but mostly it was "Keep Alistair alive!" while the rest of the group takes him down rather slowly. Morrigan had a heal spell, as did Wynne. The only spells they'd automatically cast were healing spells, to preserve mana. Your staff attack never misses, so you'll slowly wear him down. You'll probably need to use healing poultices on Alistair still too.

Edited by alanschu

Yeah I was afraid of that. It seems like so much management though. I mean I even put the game on casual and my party members don't last long and then I'm not far behind. I'm a mage but I've put all my spells into shape shifting and like, the "primal" spells, and none in the other things. I also messed up my character by putting points in dexterity and strength. I wanted someone who could use weapons and cast spells. My bad.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If you are having trouble with SPOILER, might as well leave that area now, as it only gets worse from there... (if youa re talking about the SPOILER I think you found in the SPOILER).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I has the game. :)

My favorite moment so far:

post-1288-1257392938_thumb.jpg

The dominant religion in Ferelden is the Chantry, which worships the Maker. Above is an image of my PC (the woman in metal armor) receiving a blessing from a Reverend Mother.

dune04.jpg

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

^Ive read its supposed to be unobtrusive but yes, there are microtransactions you can make to purchase DLC from in-game NPC's.

I dunno, the NPC for Warden's Keep turns up in your camp pretty much right away, and he had me going with his tale of betrayal and a potential journey to Soldier's Peak, I didn't know this was the location of the DLC so I decided to agree to help and bang, do I want to purchase the DLC? :ermm:

To be fair I do want to purchase the DLC, and I will...but I hated the way it's introduced.

... Really? Wow, that's terrible. Screw you, Bioware. :ermm:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I has the game. :ermm:

My favorite moment so far:

post-1288-1257392938_thumb.jpg

The dominant religion in Ferelden is the Chantry, which worships the Maker. Above is an image of my PC (the woman in metal armor) receiving a blessing from a Reverend Mother.

dune04.jpg

Bless the maker and his water, bless the coming and going of him, may his passing cleanse the world. *whispers to self*

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Whats on the bonus DVD? I ordered the regular one because Im cheap :ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Playing as a dwarf commoner now and I really enjoyed the origin story. Unlike the human noble one,

I felt good about joining the Grey Wardens. My sister was safe and seemed to be happy, and my best buddy was probably going to take over the slums. It wasn't forced like the human noble story, where I really just wanted to go get my brother and get revenge on that guy who killed my parents and my nephew.

Very good times, I'm focusing on two weapon combat.

Bonus stuff -

* Shale NPC

* 3 Twinky magic items

* Disc with stuff about how they made Dragon Age on it

The cheapo UK version just has a normal plastic case, which is annoying. The manual is poorly bound and will break, luckily only wimps read manuals.

sonsofgygax.JPG

So far I'm enjoying the game. Played a Human Noble Warrior. Next playthrough will be a Dwarf noble.

Only real gripe so far is the loading times. Worst of any game I've played. At least give a status bar so we know how much loading is left. Average load times are about 1.5 to 3 minutes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like some of the ominous foreshadowing they have. The bit with the guy telling the kid "You'll see a sword soon enough" was nicest so far.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

$66.57 for the digital deluxe edition. yes, you must be used to lower price point games i think. most AAA PC games are between $50 and $60 (DA is $49.99 for the regular), and console games (PS3 at least) are >$60 (as i recall, uncharted 2 for the PS3 was $64.95 plus tax).

taks

It's just that $50 is roughly

Played a Human Noble Warrior.

Does that being past tense mean you already beat the game once? If so, what is your overall impression?

Only real gripe so far is the loading times. Worst of any game I've played. At least give a status bar so we know how much loading is left. Average load times are about 1.5 to 3 minutes.

Holy crap! Thats go make a sammich and let the dog out amount of time. While the loading times are long, are they also frequent?