Dragon Age story/plot discussion

alanschu

Well I have the game, installed fine. But registering the copy to DL the toolset, and trying to get DLC is just impossible right now. The website bio is using is almost totally nonfunctional. ><

No it does not Pope.

Edited by tripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

When you say "chosen mission" I imagine you are referring to your first open world plot (i.e. you get to choose where you go next)?

Yeah, putting in work for the Dalish elves. I think I'm at about the end of the mission and the final battle is kicking my ass so much that I knocked the difficulty down to easy and I'm still dying. I guess I'll have to be a little more selective with my spell usage.

What's your party make up at the moment?

I find the game pretty challenging. That fight was a doozy for sure. That open world plot was the last one I did though, so by that time I had some pretty effective strategies down.

Right now I've got Leilana (sp?), Sten, Alistair, and myself. I figured I'd leave Morrigan behind due to my own mage abilities, and I wanted to give Sten a spin, so I left Braggart the Pooch behind. I haven't quite gotten the hang of intricate party control down, but then I've never been all that good at it (usually relied on AI in BG)

What are you all naming your dogs, then?

Fynnoch. I have no idea why, it just sounds jazzy.

Oh, dunno if anyone's going to have planned something like this out yet, but would a Strength-based dual-wielder be viable? While I know the Berserker's going to be handing out the damage in utter spades, I'd like to be aware of how much Dexterity I'd have to put in to make him a useful dual-wielder. A sword-and-board Berserker doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll go that route if I need to.

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

Krull the Warmuscle.

Oh, dunno if anyone's going to have planned something like this out yet, but would a Strength-based dual-wielder be viable? While I know the Berserker's going to be handing out the damage in utter spades, I'd like to be aware of how much Dexterity I'd have to put in to make him a useful dual-wielder. A sword-and-board Berserker doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll go that route if I need to.
If the system is the same as Journey's, then dex increases dagger damage (and attack and def and...) and str overall melee damage (and attack and...). Edited by Oner

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You know, I thought this game would be harder. When I met the ogre, I beat him on my first try with no one in the group falling. The only reason anyone came close is that big blue is able to 'ram' someone that is no where near him. Sorry, but ramming the air in front of him should not cause someone behind him and well out of melee range to go flying.

I really can't decide if I should get the deluxe edition or not...has anyone played enough of the bonus content to say if it's worthwhile?

I haven't actually encountered any of the bonus content.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What time is that? (the script system)

?

I mean the custom tactics thing. You can see it in the Giant Bomb video.

Yeah I just didn't want to watch the whole thing :sweat:

I found it though.

I thought it worked very well. Basically the top tactics have top priority, and the conditions you can allow other tactics to fire off are pretty straight forward. I really liked it. It's only downfall is that some of the status' for creatures/party members are missing some specificity.

That is a really interesting idea, I like having everything customizable down to the specifics. I always had to do everything in NWN2 myself(or just tell everyone to charge...) because the default scripts are pretty much "waste all spells randomly on enemy" and "waste all spells randomly on party".

It's kind of weird that you have to spend presumably precious skill points to get more "slots" or is there another way to get more?

You get them occasionally on level up, but yeah, there's a combat tactics one that unlocks more.

I think that that is a bit unfortunate too personally.

You do get a fair bit of skill points though, and they don't compete with "talent" points for your abilities, so I didn't find it restrictive.