Dragon Age story/plot discussion

alanschu

Fry's in Las Vegas has 60 copies of the Collector's Edition and 30 of the regular edition. Rather, they have 59 copies of the CE now.

It would only let me install to C:/Program Files. I find that irritating.

We could have had a delightfully awkward and creepy dragon age meet up.

You've ruined that now. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Ah, so the crazy lady going "60 copies!" wasn't actually crazy?

Vhat.. no custom install settings??

She wasn't crazy. The have a shelf full of the CE and half a shelf full of the regular.

It says there are custom install settings, but when I try to install it to my Games folder, the 'next' button greys out.

We could have had a delightfully awkward and creepy dragon age meet up.

You've ruined that now. :'(

If you'd been there exactly at 8 am when they opened, we could have had a moment. Where were you?!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that is not true????? If I have to format c: to clear up space.. I'm going to be utterly incensed!

I didn't try to install it on my D drive, but see above. I'm running Windows Vista, which might be a factor.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

In regards to the graphics, the textures are at the same level as Mass Effect. However, the areas aren't the size of a shoebox, I don't hit a 'loading' icon constantly, there's far more variety of creatures/looks, and the animations are much better. One of the first things I noticed in the game was an ambiant animation where a guard reached down and plucked something off the ground. Now, I have no idea why that animation was made, but I prefer it to stand/sit/stand while swaying slightly.

ironically, the codex is reporting is as a somewhat lackluster, but enjoyable RPG. :ermm:

They still haven't forgiven BioWare for Mass Effect, I think.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that is not true????? If I have to format c: to clear up space.. I'm going to be utterly incensed!

It is not true. Like a lot of games, there are two possibilities - express and custom installs. Custom installs allow you to choose your directory. My OS partition is only 40 gigs wide, so I put it in my game partition, which is 500 gigs wide.

It is not true. Like a lot of games, there are two possibilities - express and custom installs. Custom installs allow you to choose your directory. My OS partition is only 40 gigs wide, so I put it in my game partition, which is 500 gigs wide.

Yes, it is true. Why would I lie? I could not install the game to anything but my Program Files directory. And yes, I picked Custom Install.

Amazon told me to expect shipment on the 11th. I got the e-mail yesterday and it's out for delivery right now. The mail man is late though.

Dang, mine's via Amazon, and they have it down for delivery on the 6th...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Okay so as with a whole lot of WRPGs, the beginning of the game, which is relatively linear, is pretty dull. Unfortunately for DA the beginning of the game is 5 hours or so long. I'm playing through my first chosen mission in the forest area and I'd say it's pretty vastly improved. Like a mashup of Mask of the Betrayer, Princess Mononoke, Lord of the Rings and Neverwinter Nights. The pace is pretty languid, but that's not necessarily bad. There's a lot of work gone into the lore of the world, and if you pay attention to it, hearing the same legend from different people, it's pretty interesting.

I guess it's time to get this game, then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Amazon told me to expect shipment on the 11th. I got the e-mail yesterday and it's out for delivery right now. The mail man is late though.

Dang, mine's via Amazon, and they have it down for delivery on the 6th...

I live less than two hours from the warehouse so I tend to get stuff next day even with the free shipping. My copy actually showed about 20 minutes ago now. Almost finished installing.

EDIT: It also detected my games folder on my D drive and set that as the default install location for a custom install. Something to do with the character creator? Nice job anyway!

Edited by Deraldin

1up has a pretty good review. This is a funny line:

Political machinations plunge Ferelden into a civil war -- just like in "A Song of Ice and Fire."

Yes, and a thousand times in real history. Also says you need a rogue in your party, and compares console and PC versions. Surprise: console loses big!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Okay so as with a whole lot of WRPGs, the beginning of the game, which is relatively linear, is pretty dull. Unfortunately for DA the beginning of the game is 5 hours or so long. I'm playing through my first chosen mission in the forest area and I'd say it's pretty vastly improved. Like a mashup of Mask of the Betrayer, Princess Mononoke, Lord of the Rings and Neverwinter Nights. The pace is pretty languid, but that's not necessarily bad. There's a lot of work gone into the lore of the world, and if you pay attention to it, hearing the same legend from different people, it's pretty interesting.

Yeah I found the Mage origin story to be pretty average. It also didn't help that I also played through it an awful lot haha.

When you say "chosen mission" I imagine you are referring to your first open world plot (i.e. you get to choose where you go next)?