Environment screenshots at Illuminate Labs' Gallery

Those are actually pretty good looking. Nice job, Obs.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I applaud the lack of muddy browns and greens. Yay for pastels!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

AA just makes things look blurry. I guess some people prefer blur to jaggies. But I prefer crisp lines even if it means jaggies.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Only the tent filter really makes things blurry. Having 4x AA should be the norm by now, curse the Unreal Engine 3 for screwing it up.

Maybe its just something you get used to. Everytime I try AA it just looks like I'm trying to play a game with a thin leayer of petroleum jelly smeared across the monitor screen. TO me, it makes more sense just to crank up the resolution.

Why would you play on anything other than your monitor's native resolution? There's nothing stopping you from cranking up both.

Well, yeah there is. I don't like the way it looks.

I play all my games in 1024*768 anyway. I've never felt the need to go any higher.

That is very very weird, unless you don't play any modern games or have a super crappy monitor.

I don't demand all that much from graphics to find them pleasing, I guess. On the plus side, runing games in 1024*768 allows me to turn on all the bells and whistles and still get a good frame rate.

Especailly with action games, I find the game generally moves too fast for me to notice graphical details. If I was playing a more static game with a lot of drop denu mens and nested maps and so forth, I would probably go for a higher resolution.

As I said, very very weird.

But to each his own I guess...

I'm not precisely sure why it qualifies as weird. I enjoy a lot of graphical imagery that doesn't qualify as photo-realistic. I think most people do.

Until now, the only valid reason for not playing at native res has been having a 40" fullhd tv. I tried Baldur's Gate II on that, I couldn't see sh*t, the text got so small. :)

(It wound up being unreadable even at 800x600 at my viewing distances. No sofa-BG2 for me) :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I only play games in low resolution when I want them to look "old school". Otherwise my widescreen monitor means the game stretches to fit the screen.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's weird because I don't know anyone else who plays at a non-native resolution because they don't care how it looks.

But I do care how it looks. Otherwise I would play at the lowest resolution possible. Or I would just pick a random resolution. But I don't. I always set 1024*768. 1024*768 looks fine.

My monitor's native resolution is 1280*1024 btw.