Torchlight

WDeranged

Yeah we have it at work and here's the executive summary:

it owns.

Peace.

Out of curiosity, is there some industry tradition that other developers get games early, or were ya'll just first in line among the plebes?

it owns.

Peace.

Out of curiosity, is there some industry tradition that other developers get games early, or were ya'll just first in line among the plebes?

It unlocked on Steam today, didn't it? It loaded on my machine, anyway. At any rate, it's a small download (~900 megs) and our pipe can bring down quite a lot of data pretty quickly.

Matthew Rorie

it owns.

Peace.

am assuming it is more than just the diablo ii clone it appears to be.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm only buying it on the Obs word of mouth over the last few days, but the few videos I saw makes it look like a good diablo 2 clone. Considering that I haven't found Sacred or that Titan one or whatever to be up to stuff on that... this is the first diablo clone that looks as good as diablo, for me. And that means glorious mindless fun.

It finished downloading, so I'll try it once I get home and give first impressions.

it owns.

Peace.

HA! Good Fun!

No. Why would you assume that?

Do you find it unfathomable that Sawyer would find a well-built Diablo clone to be enjoyable?

Also, it's excellent to see this game using the open source OGRE 3d graphics engine.

The MMO portion of this game, coming next year will be an extension of Diablo 2 style mulriplayer. Apparently it'll be free to play (once you've bought Torchlight). Awesome.

it owns.

Peace.

HA! Good Fun!

No. Why would you assume that?

Do you find it unfathomable that Sawyer would find a well-built Diablo clone to be enjoyable?

"enjoyable" is different than "it owns." am willing to concede that if you liked diablo ii, then a well-built diablo ii clone would be enjoyable. 'course, one wonders what is reasoning for playing the clone when the original is still available. better graphics? ownage is achieved through graphics and cloning? kinda disappointing if true.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

HA! Good Fun!

The gameplay style is very similar, but it is executed to a level that I honestly don't think any games since Diablo II have touched. It stands out specifically because so many other games have attempted to capture the addictive quality of Diablo II and totally failed.

I can't invent a reason for you to play Torchlight, but I'll play a bunch of similar games even if one clearly stands out as the leader in a given field.

I managed to grab the installer from...elsewhere. I just finished a quick run around before I go to bed (nearly 5am here) and I like it, cheap and cheerful, you want to keep chasing the barrels and smashing stuff so it works for me.

Also the music is really nice, it reminds me of old school Lucasarts games somehow, am I remembering correctly that the dungeons are semi randomly generated? They seem nice and coherent to me so far :thumbsup:

I bought it on steam, d/l'ed and installed it when i got home from work. I've been playing it now for over 2 hours, and i dunno where the time went! i'm getting into it in a way i never got into diablo. I dunno why that is, all i can say is it's a blast to play, and i'm glad i bought it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Half an hour so far. Seems like what it looked to be, a really solid fun diablo clone. Bit on the easy and simple side even on Hard with alchemist, but we'll see as it progresses.