Replaying Torment

Walsingham

My friends rallied round in strength today, delivering meat, chillies, beer and best of all a copy of Planescape Torment. [i'm ill with flu].

Don't cry for me. I've gone to a better place.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

...best cure fer what ails ya, lad... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I really shouldn't have started playing thsi after replaying Fallout 3. It was like drinking a carton of ribena just before eating foie gras and brandy.

Bearing in mind I played this when it first came out, and the extremely spiritually adventurous nature of the last few years, here are some things I've learned in the first day of game time. And in case some of you haven't played it yet I mean actually learned from the game because of how it forces you to think:

1. Seeking death as a release from life is inherently nonsensical, as the act of seeking is a privilege of the living

2. Questioning oneself may imply ignorance of oneself, but the contradiction implied is a form of superior knowledge. Indeed perhaps all contradictions are a form of special strength.

3. Passionate love is the most accessible form of true courage, which gives strength to the body, and frees the mind.

****ing awesome.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You have some pretty awesome friends.

Well, he owes me. I found him his wife. :ermm:

-Elwood Blues

Played a good four hours today. Is it just me or is the NO's story as much about the way we reinvent ourselves from day to day?

-Elwood Blues

Played a good four hours today. Is it just me or is the NO's story as much about the way we reinvent ourselves from day to day?

that depends on how you play the game, doesn't it? nameless were actual kinda a weak character, which is understandable given how necessarily vague and flexible he must be.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the way we reinvent ourselves from day to day?

Do people really do that though? Most (all) of the people I know are the same way they have always been, every once in a rare while people go through profound changes, other than that......Same as it ever was.

A friend of mine convinced me several years ago that we DO. Just because we generally choose to repeat the choices doesn't mean we aren't doing it fresh every day.

-Elwood Blues

It will take Atari and Hasbro longer to sue Interplay in the UK. In the meantime, this will allow Interplay to stay in business for another 3 months.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.