Just finished MOTB

ramza

Sleeeeep.... Sleeeeeep....!!!.... SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

That voiceactor is totally awesome though.

DAMN YOU, you found it!

By the way, I forgot to post a pic of my party... Who's gonna bash me, now? :(

post-727-1256413144_thumb.jpg

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I agree with Ramza. Definitely a worthy successor to BG. I actually bought three copies as gofts to friends last Christmas. It's slightly sad thaat it didn't get better reviews. Probably because professional games reviewers are by definition worthless bastards.

EDIT: A 'goft' is a kind of subservient caterpillar. To give one is a mark of great respect in my tribe.

It's more than slightly sad. I lost all respect towards one Finnish reviewer after his MotB and SoZ reviews. His MotB review wasn't all that positive (around 80 points) and it sure as hell didn't sound very positive. No mention at all about the great storyline, only some whining how the story wasn't easy to follow in the beginning as you couldn't know if the quest is main plot or side quest related... That's funny when the story is pretty much the best story in a crpg since Torment.

SoZ I haven't played but that game got around 60 points from the same guy as it wasn't epic enough and didn't have a proper plot etc...

Hate the living, love the dead.

A dark elf, a scientist chick, a ghost chick, a vampire chick, rainbowbear and a goathead.

The "vampire chick" is a guy. :thumbsup:

Edit: "Ghost chick": you leave Kaylen the Dove alone! She's, she's.... you know, I don't know what she is.

Edited by Syraxis

A dark elf, a scientist chick, a ghost chick, a vampire guy, rainbowbear and a goathead.

The "vampire chick" is a guy. :thumbsup:

Dammit, typo. >_<

Edit: "Ghost chick": you leave Kaylen the Dove alone! She's, she's.... you know, I don't know what she is.

A dove?

Edited by Oner

Sleeeeep.... Sleeeeeep....!!!.... SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

DAMN YOU, you found it!

By the way, I forgot to post a pic of my party... Who's gonna bash me, now? :thumbsup:

Way to go mr. cheater...

A dark elf, a scientist chick, a ghost chick, a vampire guy, rainbowbear and a goathead. LAAAMEEEE.

It's a moon elf actually...

DAMN YOU, you found it!

By the way, I forgot to post a pic of my party... Who's gonna bash me, now? :thumbsup:

Way to go mr. cheater...

Well, I wanted to get the most dialogue lines in a single playthrough. I am using a mod that raises the difficulty and I am playing on the game's highest difficulty rank, so that balances my "cheating".

Edited by ramza

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I know, RP-wise, it's wrong to have both characters, but on the other hand, I assure I didn't get a single problem from having them both in my party.

IMO, an optimal party has 6 members and this is what I got with the cheat I used.

MotB was great. Although I've started the game slightly too many times now. It didn't run terribly well on my old laptop, so I'd start a game and not finish it a lot of the time, and while the opening is awesome, I can now recite most of the dialogue in my sleep.

You people have the weirdest excuses.

Obsidian community, I am disappoint :thumbsup:

Suck the bone... to the marrow!

Nunno, it's Bite of the bone, suck the marrow. Bite off the bone... SUCK THE MARROW! >_<

Personally, I prefered the "eyes shut, eyes not..." line. Regardless, the Skein is one of the few times I've been genuinely unsettled by a game.

MotB gets the official MC thumbs up. It has everything, love the Rashemen setting which sort of reminds me of Russia for some reason.

It doesn't - quite - have a narcoleptic lich, though. Narcoliches ftw.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I've never been much of an "evil" PC gamer, but One of Many's lines are total comedy. I loved them. Couldn't finish the game with him, but I did read all of his dialogue just because I got a kick out of it. I think the game was great in that it gave evil players something other than "chaotic rude." It also gave good players great times. One of the best games in recent years. I'd heard that the design team went a different direction with the next xpac and so I passed. I just can't take another NWN game. Ugh.

I was about to comment, but I think my kitchen is on fire. Please excuse me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.