Just finished MOTB

ramza

What can I say? Wow, just WOW! It was awesome playing this expansion! It's the game I have been waiting since BG2!

There's no comparison to the OC and it's regrettable Obz doesn't make more games of the same kind (I still haven't tried Kotor 2, so it may be worth my time).

I especially liked how they made use of the FR setting while using more exotic locations, companions and themes (such as spirits).

I tried all 3 endings and I was quite surprised at how interesting the evil one turned out.

5/5, keep up the good job, Obz! I tried a bit of SoZ and it's obvious it was made by a different team and with lesser resources. Too bad.

The FR setting is very rich and varied, and it's a shame there wasn't more effort put into it by CRPG developers. I would have loved to see more campaigns like MOTB. TBH maybe?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I read the first line only to avoid spoilers. Anyway you've made me want to play it. NWN2 OC didn't impress that much.

There aren't any spoilers, don't worry.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I own it but never really played it much. I ended up being turned off by the fact that it is a high level campaign. I knew that coming into it but it always bugs me that when you are high level random thugs and animals end up being godlike for no seemingly good reason. I suppose i should pick it up again, i guess i will give it another shot, it just felt awkward that I had just managed to defeat the King of Shadows and his immortal litch followers and random wizard henchmen are kicking my ass.

Well, i usually like low level campaigns when i role play. When my character gets god like i get tired of him, i mean there are so many gods to fight so it gets weird when you are constantly doing epic things. I really enjoy getting stronger facing realistic regular problems with maybe an epic fight in the end and not an epic fight every 20 minutes.

You people have the weirdest excuses.

Obsidian community, I am disappoint :(

Suck the bone... to the marrow!

No, spare me this please!!! I had to endure her voice for at least 45 mins while doing the stupid puzzle in the stupid labyrinth. No more, no mooooooore!!! *runs away*

If you don't like the epic schtick, just make a single class high WIS / INT / CHA whatever monk. Monks get loads of passive abilities so you can concentrate on the story rather than the fighting.

Naturally, I went with a complex, munchkin weaponmaster RDD build and concentrated on the fighting, but that's just me :(

MotB gets the official MC thumbs up. It has everything, love the Rashemen setting which sort of reminds me of Russia for some reason.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I agree with Ramza. Definitely a worthy successor to BG. I actually bought three copies as gofts to friends last Christmas. It's slightly sad thaat it didn't get better reviews. Probably because professional games reviewers are by definition worthless bastards.

EDIT: A 'goft' is a kind of subservient caterpillar. To give one is a mark of great respect in my tribe.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The combat was really hard at the beginning until I managed to find more party members. As I was leveling up, the easier it got. I don't have problems with combat as long as it's not pure hack & slashing as it was in nwn1 and nwn2 oc. Even though I was using my spells quite a lot in nwn2 oc, in Motb I had to rely on spells to get me out of specific combat situations. There's some strategic thinking to be had. Don't have high expectations, but it's still an improvement over previous games.

The expansion's strong features are its story, setting and companions. I think there should be few companions in future games so that the writers may focus exclusively on these characters' dialogues instead of making a dozen of shallow joinable npcs.

MotB is really awesome and in my top 5 all time RPGs.

However, many of the people who worked on MotB also made a return for SoZ so it's not an entirerely different team. Obviously a different design focus though, which I personally liked. I think it would've been lame to try and follow MotB with something very much like it.

But yep, you should now replay the campaign and make different choices. Sure the story is good, but what makes the game awesome is how your choices in the game can impact things.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I still need to try NWN 2 and it's expansions.

Please forgive me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, spare me this please!!! I had to endure her voice for at least 45 mins while doing the stupid puzzle in the stupid labyrinth. No more, no mooooooore!!! *runs away*

Suck the bone, to the marrow!

Her voice and that one line are now replaying inside your head, enjoy!

ohh yeah lol, I missed a floor trigger and had to endure that old crone endlessly while running around trying to make sure I had done all I needed to proceed. The camera auto zoom is particularly ill suited to that type of dungeon, but that's something they were never able to fix.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You know, that was not her most annoying line... but I ain't telling you which one it was... :(

av-23904.jpg