Metro 2033

Starwars

For those of you who haven't heard, Metro 2033 is a game being developed by some of the original developers on STALKER. There was a trailer/tech demo available sometime quite long ago now, and I always thought that looked pretty bad. But now they've released a new trailer and I must admit this kinda gave me chills:

http://metro2033game.com/en

No gameplay here, but they've got an excellent atmosphere going.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hah, OK I just got excited about a game for the first time in 5 years. I'm already afraid it will just be a buggy barely functioning mess. :(

But the possibilities are awesome.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Is there some sort of requirement that Eastern European games must be post-apocalyptic? It's not really all that original anymore.

Hey look, some washed out colors and military dudes with gas masks!

At least someone's doing it. I can't imagine having to rely on US developers for interesting games.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Other than the graphics, it didn't look particularly "interesting". There's a bunch of cool indie games coming from US developers, like Machinarium, for example.

Also, it might be the most interesting game in the world, but if it corrupts my saves(Clear Sky, I'm looking at you!), it can be the most interesting game somewhere else.

Edited by Purkake

Is there some sort of requirement that Eastern European games must be post-apocalyptic? It's not really all that original anymore.

Hey look, some washed out colors and military dudes with gas masks!

Hungary - 85% of games are RTS.

Other than the graphics, it didn't look particularly "interesting". There's a bunch of cool indie games coming from US developers, like Machinarium, for example.

Also, it might be the most interesting game in the world, but if it corrupts my saves(Clear Sky, I'm looking at you!), it can be the most interesting game somewhere else.

That's why I said the possibilities are awesome! :(

And yeah, bugs. It's the first thing I think of any time the world STALKER comes up. :/

But are they post-apocalyptic?

Not one.

Probably all about gypsies and rubber hammers, rite?

:(

Olah Action and it's sequel but that's a fan game and an FPS.

Also, rubber hamme-?...oh.

Edited by Oner

Whatever happened to that "Afterfall" or whatever it was called?

This was what little I could find of it. Wasn't there another Fallout wanna-be that was released, I think the logo/title screen had a car on a post. And then there was one where terrorists loose some Mars terraforming machines on Earth and screw everything up. Any of this ring a bell?

@Oner, I was referring to a recent news story.

EDIT: The Fallout wanna-be was called The Fall: Last Days of Gaia and it was released in 2006 apparently.

Edited by Purkake

Very nice atmosphere. I wouldn't really compare it to STALKER, as STALKER was about a second Chernobyl disaster and not a nuclear war, like Metro 2033 (presumably) is.

And while Fallout and STALKER are both post-apocalyptic/nuclear disaster, I don't really care if someone else makes a post-apocalyptic game. You'd have to really make a lot of post-apocalyptic games to match the number of fantasy games.

I'm actively avoiding politics. BTW the pregnancy story was different from what I heard (drugs instead of hammers and the politician didn't treat it as fact). Yay for mass media.

Whatever happened to that "Afterfall" or whatever it was called?

This was what little I could find of it. Wasn't there another Fallout wanna-be that was released, I think the logo/title screen had a car on a post. And then there was one where terrorists loose some Mars terraforming machines on Earth and screw everything up. Any of this ring a bell?

EDIT: The Fallout wanna-be was called The Fall: Last Days of Gaia and it was released in 2006 apparently.

That's the one. I always get my Afterfall and The Fall mixed up. Aren't they both supposed to be s**t though?

manthing2.jpg