Dragon Age

Gorth

I want to put win 7, 32 bit on my gaming rig, will DA run on windows 7?

Biopeople said that they have tested that DA works with Windows 7, but they don't officially support it. That means DA should work nicely, but if some problem comes up, they will first fix XP/Vista bugs in DA before they check W7 out. I have Windows 7 x64 and I'm not worried.

ok thank you!

The closer the release date comes the more I worry about my system handling the game. In the begining I thought it wouldn't be a problem since it didn't look all that intensive but now I'm not so sure. I just don't think my 7900 will handle it too well. I could always play on my xbox but that would be a serious bastardization. Damn computers.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Ive read that if your system could handle the character generator, it could handle the game itself. Did you try out the character generator?

Sorry my wording was unclear. My computer can handle the game, I'm sure of that, but I would like to play on a reasonable setting that doesn't look like s and doesn't crawl or explode my mainframe.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

For the person who asked about the female same-sex romance. It's:

Leliana.

... Apparently the PC and Console versions have different level-up systems...

This is new to me.

It's new to me too.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

i wanted morrigan to be the sexilesbian!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The best way to satisfy video game fans is to let every character have sex with every character. http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/sarevokromance

Oh ffs, that has to be rick roll. It has to be.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The best way to satisfy video game fans is to let every character have sex with every character. http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/sarevokromance

damn straight. if my char has the skills and charisma, i should be able to boink everything in sight, just like real life.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Sare... but... what...

WAT

:(

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

The differences in level up systems are more flow control type issues.

There's no differences in XP needed, what you get upon leveling up, or anything like that.

... If that was supposed to reassure me, it didn't. Mostly because the differences in level-up systems was specifically mentioned_ Dog getting different abilities in the console system and in the PC system (sounds like a difference in what you get leveling up). Flow control issues kind of makes me think of 'console gamers need to level up more often not get bored' :(

Happily, I'll have some weeks to read all the reviews and hear everybody else's opinions on the game while I wait for my preordered euro PS3 version. -_-

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wonder what else is different in console versions... maybe 80% of dialogue has been cut off and replaced with quick time events? Sex QTE's! Dragon Age Super Action Turbo 2!

:(

The differences in level up systems are more flow control type issues.

There's no differences in XP needed, what you get upon leveling up, or anything like that.

The only difference I am aware of between PC and Console, is the control scheme, and that makes total sense.

Shoehorning one or the othing into the wrong place leaves everyone with a crap solution. I'm looking at Oblivion.

p.s. I think your post has confused a few folks.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

p.s. I think your post has confused a few folks.

If you're referring to me, I was confused by Nathan Frederick's post on the Bio boards (more like borderline freaked out) and Alan's comment didn't exactly put my mind at ease. :)

Now I've read the Bio boards for the "official explanation", and I'm still kind of O_o about the whole thing, but no longer running around carrying a torch and screaming. :p

Edit: the difference is Dog gets access to extra talents at high levels on the consoles, since he was the only character who could fill up on talents at (even) very high levels - running out of assignable talents would have broken the console level-up system (for some reason this is different from the pc side) and rather than start reworking this type of fundamental, they just decided to give Dog access to some warrior abilities when it maxes out on its canine talent tree.

p.s. I get it now, sounds a bit odd, but hey, nothing to get my panties in a knot over.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ive read that if your system could handle the character generator, it could handle the game itself. Did you try out the character generator?

I just tried that now. Run's GREAT! And wow! That face generator is pure awesome. I already have my really hot dude ready for some hot gay romance!

Is it the 4th yet?

:)