What Are You Playing Now?

Just finished Machinarium.

Hm I kind of like those graphics, cute and weird at the same time. Might have to look it up. :sweat:

...and I'm playing Borderlands. I keep saying I'm going to play more Torchlight too, but so far Borderlands has me by the nose and won't let go..

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just finished Machinarium.

Hm I kind of like those graphics, cute and weird at the same time. Might have to look it up. :sweat:

...and I'm playing Borderlands. I keep saying I'm going to play more Torchlight too, but so far Borderlands has me by the nose and won't let go..

I made a thread about it some time ago, it has a link to the demo.

I wiped the floor with the second boss in Venetica. It seems all boss fights consist of first a fight in the 'mortal plane' in which one needs to figure out the boss' Achilles heel, followed by a slugfest in the 'spirit plane' against a monstrous behemoth.

I'm starting to like this game better than Drakensang, but it's rather light on the RPG elements. It's more of an action/adventure game where you gain new abilities/skills by killing enemies & performing quests. It's possible, though, to play good/evil and supposedly it would affect the ending of the game.

Melee combat is dynamic & very fun, and is a huge breath of fresh air after the clunky crap from Risen. Most of the time success comes down to dodging & timing combos correctly like in Risen, but there's also the possibility of using some nifty magics like summoning a flock of ravens to peck the enemies or using fear. The only quip I have is that there are so many weapons, weapon skills & magics but not enough buttons on the quickbar to use them all efficiently. So one finds oneself remapping keys a lot of the time depending on the enemy one encounters (this wasn't a problem in Divinity 2 since in that game one would depend on only a handful of useful skills).

I really like the art style of the game which is similar to the adventure game Ankh, and the graphics are sublime but the game performance in outdoor areas is generally low. There are no problems indoors or in dungeons, though. I purchased the German version but like the game enough that I'll also get the English version if the engine will be better optimized.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Dragon Age - playing a human noble. So far so good, although I'm thinking about starting a new character.
Why's that?

I'd venture to say he doesn't like the origin story.

A little bit of that, and a little bit of just wanting to do a few things differently. I usually start over on RPG's two or three times before I get really into a character.

Dragon Age - playing a human noble. So far so good, although I'm thinking about starting a new character.
Why's that?

I'd venture to say he doesn't like the origin story.

A little bit of that, and a little bit of just wanting to do a few things differently. I usually start over on RPG's two or three times before I get really into a character.

Exactly what I'm doing. I'm on my 4th re-start with a different character. Enjoying the game so far.

I'm playing League of Legends. It's pretty much a DotA clone but without the limitations of Wc3's engine. The item recipes are easier to make, the controls are better and it looks damn good for a free game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I played a bit of Dragon Age and moved to the Left 4 Dead 2 demo. The first game is good, the second not so much. In fact, I would go so far as call it horrible. :sorcerer:

I thought it was good, but it takes some getting used to.. I was convinced I would hate the melee weapons, but the machete is actually pretty frakking cool! After running out of ammo with my main weapon and 30 zombies still coming at me - the screen, the weapon and most likely my character, turned red with blood and guts as I swung the sword in panic..

Fortune favors the bald.

I played a bit of Dragon Age and moved to the Left 4 Dead 2 demo. The first game is good, the second not so much. In fact, I would go so far as call it horrible. o:)

whats horrible about it?

controls?

graphics?

sound?

gameplay?

I thought it was just supposed to be like the first one but with 5 different campaigns and a couple little extra things?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.