What Are You Playing Now?

Riddick Butcher Bay, after this then Dark Athena the next chapter in riddick. If it can be called that even. The game looks great, but moving the mouse is a bit choppy for some reason, im not sure why. Is it because i only have 2 gigs in windows7 64bit? I dont know. This is my first gaming experience with windows 7 and anything 64bit.

The game is excellent, but thats old news! I think its the atmosphere that i love. This game actually reminds me of Batman Arkham Asylum.

Riddick Butcher Bay, after this then Dark Athena the next chapter in riddick. If it can be called that even. The game looks great, but moving the mouse is a bit choppy for some reason, im not sure why. Is it because i only have 2 gigs in windows7 64bit? I dont know. This is my first gaming experience with windows 7 and anything 64bit.

The game is excellent, but thats old news! I think its the atmosphere that i love. This game actually reminds me of Batman Arkham Asylum.

One of the very rare instances where a video game tie-in completely blows its movie counterparts away.

Speaking of movie games I'm getting more and more excited about the new AvP.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/alien-te...aliens-vs/57806

Juggling my time between Lord of the Rings Online and WoW. Playing Lord of the Rings for my PvE fix and WoW for my PvP fix. Both of these games will be put on hold when Dragon Age Origins comes out! ;(

Also playing GTA: Chinatown Wars for the PSP --- Loads of fun.

Speaking of Lord of the Rings Online, the upcoming expansion into Mirkwood looks super fantastic. I had my doubts about slowly releasing sections of Middle Earth, but Turbine has made it an awesome journey. I hit 60 last weekend with my captain and I'm currently just doing some crafting and finishing some exploration traits up.

I actually thought Batman: Arkham Asylum and Butcher Bay were done by the same developer until someone corrected me, they really are very similar in art style and game play.

empire total war warpath campaign:

i selected the huron tribe and have been somehow able to make friends with everyone but the plains indians, who i'm now wiping out. my plan is to expand west, and then north, then push my way through the northern british territory all the way to maine before swooping south and wiping out the colonials.

this way spain and the us will be going at it in the south (as the colonials will begin to sweep westward. so it will just be me v britain until i've got the entire northern half of the map. then spain and the us will fall and the whole continent will be mine.

this wont work if spain and the us attack me while im fighting britain in the north, i'd be sandwiched between the three of them... messy.

im also playing borderlands on my xbox, lots of simple mindless fun, i'll probably get tired of it eventually, but it should keep me busy for a few weeks!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Speaking of Lord of the Rings Online, the upcoming expansion into Mirkwood looks super fantastic. I had my doubts about slowly releasing sections of Middle Earth, but Turbine has made it an awesome journey. I hit 60 last weekend with my captain and I'm currently just doing some crafting and finishing some exploration traits up.

Grats on finally hitting 60! :-

Can't wait for the Mirkwood expansion....been messing around with it in beta and really like what they're doing.

Edited by Setzer

empire total war warpath campaign:

i selected the huron tribe and have been somehow able to make friends with everyone but the plains indians, who i'm now wiping out. my plan is to expand west, and then north, then push my way through the northern british territory all the way to maine before swooping south and wiping out the colonials.

this way spain and the us will be going at it in the south (as the colonials will begin to sweep westward. so it will just be me v britain until i've got the entire northern half of the map. then spain and the us will fall and the whole continent will be mine.

this wont work if spain and the us attack me while im fighting britain in the north, i'd be sandwiched between the three of them... messy.

im also playing borderlands on my xbox, lots of simple mindless fun, i'll probably get tired of it eventually, but it should keep me busy for a few weeks!

my plan no work-ee...

the brits saw my expansion and attacked me, so did the us. spain is fighting the cherokee and slowly overwhelming them. fortunately i was able to secure the west and northern areas from the plains indians and the british, so now i have a fairly united front on my eastern border with just the strongest regions of the us and britain in my path to conquering new england.

im forced to use hit and run tactics, moving a full stack to wipe out a half stack of us trooops, then retreating to repair the damage before another half stack comes to eat me. so far i've killed about ten times my own number and they just keep coming...

now though i've finally unlocked my high end troops, including the awesome ojibwan warriors and horsemen, so once i have a full stack of those dudes... bye bye miss american pie!!!!!!!

har.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Must have mods for System Shock 2:

Straylight ADaoB

This is Straylight's Anomalies, Discrepancies and outright Bugs mod - the most thorough attempt on gameplay-adjustment for System Shock 2.

It fixes and rebalances a huge number of anomalies, discrepancies and bugs, all while staying true to the developers intentions.

This is simply the closest thing you will come to a second patch for SS2 after the official patch.

SHTUP (Shock Texture Update Project)

SHTUP is a mod for System Shock 2 which aims to increase the resolution of all the common (and quite a few of the not-so-common) object textures.

Rebirth

Rebirth is an enemy model and skins update.

SHMUP (Shock Music Update)

April 23rd 2007 "MysteryDev" provided a high quality version of the System Shock 2 soundtrack in a thread on the TTLG forums. With this you can enjoy the high quality music in the game.

I also use other mods found at the same site, like the laser pistol machinin posted, but these are the most important in my opinion.

Thanks for the tips. I just finished playing system shock 2 and it was awesome. Especially the first 3 decks. There's something about those cargo bays...

The mods make the game look crispy again. All the panels look crispy clean( except for the occaisional blood stains)

Anyway i'm going to to continue to play some of the games that have been collecting dust too long:

Games played so far since i bought my new comp:

Dead Space( this game made me forget about buying new games and replay old games). (took me 7 hours to complete)

Icewind dale with heart of winter and trials of the luremaster. Awesome experience. I love the music and beautiful backgrounds. I played it with 4 characters to give my fighter/mage to the high level spells. For the first time i used a ranger->druid character wich was quite fun. With a +4 spear he made up my front line. (aprox. 30 hours)

KOTOR: I love scifi. I love rpg's. enough said. played it for the second time and it was (aprox 20 hours). A couple of months ago i rewatched the movies. Replaying the game made me realize i found it more fun then watching the actual movies.

System Shock 2. Some people say the game is imbalanced because you won't have access to the high level weopons/psi skills until later in the game. Not to forget weapon maintenance and fear of weopon jams.

After replaying the game this "imbalances" are what makes the game as creepy. The game forces you to use the wrench a lot on the lower decks which adds a lot to the fear factor of the game.

Games waiting for me to replay:

KOTOR2. Does someone have a link to good mods for this game? I found a link to a mod site all it said was the mods aren't finished yet.

PS:Torment. Already downloaded the appropriate mods. It's been 8 years or so since i played this game. Can't wait to replay it.

NWN: I have the original lying here. Didn't really like the single player campaign. I suppose that's why i never bothered to get the expansions and NWN2.

Starcraft: Broodwar. I downloaded a digital copy using my cd-key which is great btw. Problem is can't get sound working on windows 7.

Total Annihilation with expansions. I love my strategy games.

Games i'm considering buying:

Mass Effect(heard some conflicting stuff about this one)

Dragon Age( not sure yet, since i heard bioware teamed up with ea....)

Bioshock( after replaying system shock and reading irrational games developed it i might give it a ago)

All in all i have some good times ahead of me i think,

if anyone knows something about must have kotor2 mods let me know.

thats a fun & awesome list, i'd skip nwn oc though, its the only game on there that kinda stinks. add mask of the betrayer instead

mass effect is fun to play, but far from perfect and not very deep.

bioshock has top notch art and sound design, but some gameplay flaws. still absolutely worth playing though EDIT: system shock 2 is a better game, so know that going into it

Edited by entrerix

If you get Bioshock just ignore whatever's left of the hype thread. The game's great in terms of art direction, writing, music, voice acting and graphics... but unless you really try to find different ways to deal with enemies all the time (different plasmids, combinations of plasmids/weapons and environment), the gameplay is a bit dull.

Playing through SupCom, decided to skip the campaign and go to skirmishes.

-Normal AI does nothing at all.

-Challenge AI doesn't attack, doesn't use aerial units.

-Any other AI kicks my ass.

TBH if this game had a way to limit tech levels it'd be great, but at the moment I can't get mods to run.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

SOASE : Entrenchment with a friend, and still mucking around with the Dragon Rising editor creating epic clashes of 30 Chinese against 30 Americans.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mass Effect(heard some conflicting stuff about this one)

It's not a work of art, but I think it's a damn good game. Can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the whole, but something in it really works for me.

I'm guessing a lot of negative feedback is due to 'too mainstream', 'they sold out' and 'I stopped listening to Metallica when they got a recording deal, they totally started to suck then'. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just finished Death to Spies: Moment of Truth. (Available on Steam and one of the few games available worldwide on Direct2Drive.) Download demo from here.

Fans of the Hitman series really should check it out, as the gameplay is almost exactly the same. It's pretty challenging, you're dumped in huge levels and left to figure things out yourself, no hand holding, and there are numerous ways to go about completing your objectives. Like Hitman, you can change outfits, but you need to knock out/strangle enemies or get a head shot to use them, can't go about wearing bloody clothes with bullet holes in them. On hard if you want a uniform you can't use firearms at all, and on the highest difficulty you can't use other outfits at all. You can drive a variety of vehicles, but this aspect itself isn't terrible interesting. You aren't an assassin, so you get more objectives than just killin'. Go play it now, jerks.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Currently: Unreal 1 with the enhanced texture-mod. Fantastic game, still way better than Half-Life.

Later: KotOR 2 with the Restored content mod and widescreen mod.

After that? I would like to finish NWN2:SOZ, but there's a higher chance that i will try out Dragon Age by then.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy