What Are You Playing Now?

Am still playing Company of Heroes, mainly online and can't really see that changing until Dragon Age is released (which for me is 6th November).

Company of Heroes is the game to which all others aspire, and I am living a more wholesome, manly life by playing it. When will some of you lot join me online for some WW2 akshun? :sorcerer:

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm on a Civ4 kick. The bug bites me every 6 months or so, and I play the game thoroughly for a few weeks before some of the more tedious aspects start to get to me.

I DL'ed the Risen demo this weekend, but haven't played it yet.

Edited by Enoch

empire: total war

- fighting the brits when all of a sudden spain breaks our trade agreement, declares war, then drops a massive army right outside my capital, all in one turn. my win chance was only about 25%. i had to play it, but i CRUSHED them. the stupid spaniards decided to run 2 of their 4 calvary units WAY outside the bulk of their forces, so i quickly sent my 4 calv units to slaughter them, and was able to draw off the rest of their calv back to my army to be gunned down like little ninnies.

then it was an even battle numbers wise, but i still had 4 calv units and they had just a bunch of grunts. grunts came my way, squared off with mine, and my calv circled around and reamed them from behind. sweet candy victory.

funny though, once i won that battle france decided to finally come to their senses and accept my proposal of alliance. now spain and france are duking it out leaving the sassy brits to my devises

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Brutal Legend, Red Faction: Guerrilla and Dead Space. Bloody glad I'm not playing Red Faction for the story. Really enjoying Brutal Legend, the subject matter's right up my street so the fact that the storyline was about 5 or 6 hours didn't bother me. Dead Space hasn't really lived up to the scariness hype, but it's not too shabby a game.

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

Am still playing Company of Heroes, mainly online and can't really see that changing until Dragon Age is released (which for me is 6th November).

Company of Heroes is the game to which all others aspire, and I am living a more wholesome, manly life by playing it. When will some of you lot join me online for some WW2 akshun? :x

Cheers

MC

Have you tried men of war?

Its pretty much CoH but more realistic.

For example the chance of penetrating armor on a shot is determined by caliber, range and angle of incidence.

For me this is probably the most overlooked game that is still fantastic of the year.

I don't know if Men of War is necessarily more realistic, but it is definitely more detailed. You can re-equip units, do melee attacks, stealth (not CoH's invisibility), and all kinds of other tricks that are beyond CoH's level of micro.

I picked up MoW on a $7.50 steam sale, haven't really managed to dig into it proper yet.

Got Risen today, I guess I'll give Dragon Rising's mission editor a rest and give it a go.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still playing Night of the Raven.

Got to the pirates, met Cap'n Greg again and realized I had met some kind of power threshold in the game mechanics wise. I have 112 str with an amulet and belt of strength and now I'm starting to finally come through with two-weapon fighting. I guess a real test is whether I can fell an orc warrior without it taking too much time. I have had the hang of combat ever since I played the vanilla Gothic 2, but only now as I'm nearing level 20 in the expansion does my damage output meet the orc hp level. Funny that the game requires an arsefull of metagaming in order to properly maximize a character. The difficulty is horrible in chapter 3 if you've managed to gimp your Hero in the first chapter.

Love the game anyhow. Jharkendar has a great atmosphere and some of the landscapes I've missed ever since Gothic 1, such as a massive swamp and decent ruins.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, Men of War craps all over CoH. The series sets out on its own path rather than railroading the games into a conventional RTS format, and also achieved all the new stuff that CoH claims to have implemented as new for the genre before that game even came out.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Bloody glad I'm not playing Red Faction for the story.

Yeah, you get tricked into thinking theres a story in the beginning, then it just escalates into an incoherent mix of doing the same 4-5 mission types over and over again for points.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Bloody glad I'm not playing Red Faction for the story.

Yeah, you get tricked into thinking theres a story in the beginning, then it just escalates into an incoherent mix of doing the same 4-5 mission types over and over again for points.

Luckily throwing mines on people and watching them run around madly never gets old.

Masochistic tendencies?

Ahh a friend of yours?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

My Casear4 50,000+ population cities are a lot more fun on my new computer. :lol: Maybe if I had Win7/64bit-dx10 I could even run it in 16AA. Assuming the game would run on Win7...

I forgot how abusing city-builders can be a good way to stress out your gaming system when you're curious how much it can handle. Plus they're fun, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried the Painkiller: Resurrection demo. Wow, I didn't think it would beat Overdose as the most terrible Painkiller game, but there ya go. Worst piece of crap I've played in a *really* long time, what a stinker.

I guess I'll have to stick with the original Painkiller. :lol:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Tried the Painkiller: Resurrection demo. Wow, I didn't think it would beat Overdose as the most terrible Painkiller game, but there ya go. Worst piece of crap I've played in a *really* long time, what a stinker.

I guess I'll have to stick with the original Painkiller. :unsure:

Isn't it just the original Painkiller with updated graphics?