What you did today

Gorth

i had to give up zoloft last thanksgiving. supposedly the cognitive effects with zoloft aren't "significant," but it was enough that i took a hit in the career department. unfortunately, while i have gotten to the point where anxiety is a non-issue, my ears have been ringing since i first started cutting back on it.

edit: ironically, one of the cures for tinnitus: zoloft. yay.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

His response to 'we need to talk about our relationship' was 'if you break up with me I will jump off the balcony' (he lives on the 14th floor).

her response is then "oh goody, i guess i won't have to put up with you pestering me for the next 6 months if you succeed."

taks

i had to give up zoloft last thanksgiving. supposedly the cognitive effects with zoloft aren't "significant," but it was enough that i took a hit in the career department. unfortunately, while i have gotten to the point where anxiety is a non-issue, my ears have been ringing since i first started cutting back on it.

edit: ironically, one of the cures for tinnitus: zoloft. yay.

taks

Unfortunately I don't have many choices. After living with unmedicated bipolar for over 7 years, I'm pretty drained. It's gonna be a long time before I have the will to manage it myself again(and I'm not sure I'd even want to do that now).

Tell her that if he's that keen on him dying can she trample him to death wearing a rhino costume. That way it doesn't have to look liek suicide, and she can know she once trampled someone to death dressed as a rhino.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I do have a sure fire cure for depression. Drink copiuos amounts of alcohol and keep a loaded handun on the kitchen counter. Sooner or later those nasty depression problems just sort of solve themselves....

OK, that is probably the most tasteless joke ever but you might as well laugh about things rather than cry about them.... :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have so many friends on anti-depressants, from every walk of life, that I am beginning to wonder if I'm some sort of freak for not being on them.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Unfortunately I don't have many choices. After living with unmedicated bipolar for over 7 years, I'm pretty drained. It's gonna be a long time before I have the will to manage it myself again(and I'm not sure I'd even want to do that now).

i was doing zoloft for anxiety attacks (and ultimately, general anxiety disorder), which was directly attributable to what one friend of mine called the "perfect storm of stress." that's the sort of thing that can, and will, go away with time as the stress eases, and a little effort on my part (if i excercised, it would have gone away quicker even). true bipolar disorder, or depression, is not in the same category.

i agree, alanschu, society is generally over medicated. every body that suffers mood swings gets labeled bipolar, or has a bad day gets labeled depressed, but there are legitimate cases that need medical attention. the worst, IMO, is with kids and any one of the myriad attention deficit problems they seem to have drugs for these days. when i was a kid, it was called hyper, or bored, or simply obnoxious. a swift swat to the butt solved many of those problems quickly (my son takes the cake in this regard... he fidgets more than i ever did).

taks

Edited by taks

True story,

A man I know who was an RF Design Engineer at AT&T, brilliant guy too he's forgotten more about radio theory than I'll ever know, was under so much pressue leading up to the launch of the UMTS network that he did not eat or sleep for days at a time. Finally when the launch was a resounding success he simply packed up his office and quit without a word to anyone. He moved to Indiantown Florida and opened a little Ace Hardware store there. He has no stress, sleeps fine and enjoys his meals now. No medication required. Sometimes instead of medicating it's better to remove the stress, or remove you from the stress.

There are times I think about doing the same thing, only I'd open a bait and tackle shop somewhere. Doggone mortgage is too high for that nonsense right now though. But my job isn't really all that stressful these days.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I always thought the same and that's why I hesitated going to the doctor or taking meds, but the truth is, I do have deep problems that caused me to get into all kinds of problems and burn all kinds of bridges. I completely wasted almost 10 years of my life battling with my mind. Now, that I'm on the meds, I realize that what happened with me wasn't just bad behavior or rebellion, it was my very own "Dark Passenger" and I'm glad to finally have control over it.

I think that we have made huge progress in understanding human psychology/psychiatry and that we are using this knowledge to save people from screwing up as much as I have. The biggest problem is figuring out when the problem is innate or created by the fear and knowledge of these disorders. So I think we are over-aware of these "problems of the mind" and that knowledge is screwing with us, thus creating huge spikes of new cases of the "current" disease.

Edited by vault_overseer

I think a lot of stress problems are caused by bottling up. ****ing smash something, I always say. That or go for a run, if you're short on smashables. Whatever you do don't hit walls.

I got thoroughly hacked off this evening. I dropped in on my friends halfway through a run, and instead of gettting support for getting back into training again I got a hour's whingeing about how I haven't arranged a housewarming party. I hadn't really thought about it because I've been busy, but then I realised I also don't actually want a ****ing party. I epsecially don't want people ticking me off for it. Bastards are only upset because I didn't arrange their entertainment!

-Elwood Blues

I remember reading that using smashing as an outlet can be bad though, as you'll condition yourself to react to stress that way. Moderation and a variety of ways to release would help I think.

I'm a lame sensitive type and actually prefer to talk :)

Nah... just play some Gears or Dead Rising with some nice death metal in the background... Stress is gone...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

hmm yesterday was a strange day

found out a friend's flat got burnt down by the same piece of **** waste of flesh that raped her a couple of months ago.

thankfully though this time he's going to prison - i hope he gets sodomized with large sharp objects and left to slowly bleed to death :p

on a brighter note, last night was the Fetish Ball - which was quite fun

lots of sexy beautiful people and awesome stage shows

also met a ridiculously gorgeous girl. she came over and tapped me on the shoulder and introduced herself and asked if she was right in thinking she knew who i was. i know a friend of hers apparently and she'd told her to keep an eye out for me as "the cute guy who knows everybody"

i introduced her to some of the performers that i knew and we uh... got on very well :)

i'm probably gonna see her again tonight - as our mutual friend is having a party and it looks like we'll both be going

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I got thoroughly hacked off this evening. I dropped in on my friends halfway through a run, and instead of gettting support for getting back into training again I got a hour's whingeing about how I haven't arranged a housewarming party. I hadn't really thought about it because I've been busy, but then I realised I also don't actually want a ****ing party. I epsecially don't want people ticking me off for it. Bastards are only upset because I didn't arrange their entertainment!

Sounds like your friend isn't a friend at all. You should come to the dark side like me and only have acquaintances who you see at your place of work or in my case school. It's amazing when you don't have to deal with anyone's crap but your own and you can just have a friendly no strings semi-superficial friendship with someone. You know them well enough to where they could potentially help you out in a jam but its not like they'd come to you during a messy divorce; its really the way god intended. Though honestly I am enjoying my late night talks with my gym (last) friend, although last time I in no subtle words said his mom thought he was a failure but he kind of is so I can't be held accountable for reality.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I've just laid in more than

-Elwood Blues

This Naan flatbread I found in CostCo is the bees knees.

Heat in oven for 5-10 min, a little butter on top...delish. Like a cross between a biscuit and pancake perhaps.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I worked on my book most of the day. Watching the Florida-South Carolina game now. Thinking about dinner. Maybe just microwave a pizza tonight. The Coyotes have been snooping around at night. They are not making any noise but I'm finding their scat and tracks in the driveway.

Thomas Sowell

But my job isn't really all that stressful these days.

hehe, my "job" isn't very stressful, either. :thumbsup:

that's pretty much what worked out to be my ultimate cure, too. once all the stressful events had passed, or moved on to the back of my thoughts (like my dad's death), i slowly begain to recover. ringing ears, however... grrr.

taks

funny that coyotes are your problem, GD. out here, it's deer (they eat everything), bears (they destroy everything), and mountain lions (they eat small pets). fortunately, i live far enough from the actual mountains, far enough from trees in fact, that i never see anything in my yard other than the odd fox or two running around and this pain in the ass cat that's driving mine insane.

taks