What you did today

Gorth

Hubby's been sequestered away in his warm office studying and geeking...let's see if some food & cookies will draw him out a while. :down:

You could do that thing where you wear nothing but an apron and you show up in the doorway with a hot plate and a cold beverage. But then you find out he already did the deed 5 minutes prior, alone....and then the night is ruined. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Getting ready to paint my bedroom, got the supplies today. I'm going for a color scheme between off-white and extremely light gray.

After that got more school work done, played a little more Dragon Age and finally started reading the toolset wiki and experimented with said toolset to learn basic functionality, I want to take a crack at creating/releasing a campaign module sometime in the future.

Edited by Syraxis

168yjr4.gif

Fedor did it again. Great fight.

That must have hurt.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

168yjr4.gif

Fedor did it again. Great fight.

I thought I was the only resident mma fan. It was a great fight indeed. Rogers gave Fedor a run for his money which I expected but I wasn't surprised when he didn't pull the upset, he's still too green and hasn't really fought anyone of note except Arlovski and well Arlovski isn't exactly a top competitor (though he did look really good vs fedor before being brutally knocked out). Plus Rogers is pretty dumb, he said in an interview that Fedor's stand up was weak which is completely ridiculous. Guess he got to see first hand how weak it was.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hubby's been sequestered away in his warm office studying and geeking...let's see if some food & cookies will draw him out a while. ;)

You could do that thing where you wear nothing but an apron and you show up in the doorway with a hot plate and a cold beverage. But then you find out he already did the deed 5 minutes prior, alone....and then the night is ruined. :'(

I'm not sure whether to :- or :ermm:

:thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Never thought Id find a carrier I hate more than AT&T, but its happened... Anyone know if Verizon still has that 30-day free contract-breaking period?

Anyway, I played some Dragon Age....

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Today I remembered this place exists, it's a good day.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Anyone know if Verizon still has that 30-day free contract-breaking period?

They do, praise Miyamoto... Bye-bye Verizon, hello Sprint...

I got frustrated today on a take home exam that DEMANDED to know exactly what I was doing or will be doing to combat racism actively. This really bugs me because basically it's either I change my lifestyle for a single grade, or I lie to her for a grade. My teacher shouldn't even contemplate that sort of thing on a test... it strikes me as unethical to do something like that.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I got frustrated today on a take home exam that DEMANDED to know exactly what I was doing or will be doing to combat racism actively. This really bugs me because basically it's either I change my lifestyle for a single grade, or I lie to her for a grade. My teacher shouldn't even contemplate that sort of thing on a test... it strikes me as unethical to do something like that.

That is part of being in college. Kindergarten through 12th grade teachers are supposed to stay away from voicing personal opinions and challenging students over political and social issues, but once you hit college that goes out the window. What class is it anyways?

Today I built a playhouse with my father-in-law. It is two stories and has a climbing wall and a slide, as well as a swing set. It took quite a bit of time, but it looks good. We got it for free from a neighbor, just had to take it apart, move it, and then reassemble it

That is part of being in college. Kindergarten through 12th grade teachers are supposed to stay away from voicing personal opinions and challenging students over political and social issues, but once you hit college that goes out the window. What class is it anyways?

Today I built a playhouse with my father-in-law. It is two stories and has a climbing wall and a slide, as well as a swing set. It took quite a bit of time, but it looks good. We got it for free from a neighbor, just had to take it apart, move it, and then reassemble it

It was sociology. And it's ok to VOICE your opinion, but forcing a student to go with that opinion isn't right.

I feel your pain Calax, too many times I have been forced to fabricate stories, ideals, enthusiasm, and worst of all pity. Luckily that's in the past, since dropping community and going to university I haven't had anything like that. Unfortunately schools a lot harder now. In fact it's really freakin hard now, by far the hardest semester ever and next doesn't look any easier. Luckily no more tax, if I pass that is.

Just write that you are current not doing anything to combat racism, and that you don't feel you have to apologies for not being a bigot.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I would have just written down what you said. Honesty often scores big points with teachers (it always did with mine).

This morning I was in my morning commute and my mp3player played You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC, and I realized I could relate. It is now one of my favourite songs ever. ^^

If you're professor isn't a complete douche, you should have no problems stating why you are (or are not) actively combating racism. The important thing is to support your opinion, preferably with actual studies and data to support your opinion. Especially if it has been discussed in class.

I took a sociology course on globalization, and the professor was openly left-wing (she stated her bias the first day of class), as was probably 95% of the class. On both the midterm and the final I wrote essays that explained why I feel the globalization crisis is overstated, supported by my interpretations of what I got from classroom discussion as well as the class readings. I got 98% on the midterm and 95% on the final, even though my papers would have been in direct contradiction to the beliefs of the teacher, and the general tone of the readings and classroom discussion.

Oh, and if you can't find material specific to supporting your position, then you have some decisions to make.

The first (and infinitely most important, and it has virtually nothing to do with your academic success) is to wonder why you feel the way that you do. Commonsense and logic are often wrong, and I think it's important to critically look at why you believe the way that you do.

The other decision is to address why you can't find any data. You could conclude that the research is still insufficient. You could conclude that the research has inherent biases and so forth. In the end, you'll realize that you have, in fact, created a lot of valid reasons for why you believe that it is. Because ultimately, if you can't give solid reasons for why you are (or are not) actively combating racism, then why are you staying with your current course of action on the issue?

Even if your reasoning is "I have better stuff I have to do," you can still use that as a segue into reasons why you feel it is ineffective, a waste of time, etc.

Hi Daaave! Good to have you back.

On the racism I don't see the big deal. Unless teachers give kids leadership on key issues they drift all over the shop. On teh other hand your teacher sounds a bit humourless. I suggest you send VHS copies of Bill Cosby shows to Robert Mugabe "in an attempt to show him how is policies on violence is misguided and simply entrenches the lines of hatred". You can probably save money by sending them via the Zimbabwean embassy, but if you do make sure you write in, then cross out the word 'Rhodesian'. Remember also that dictators love sparkles.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think the biggest problem with the prevalent views on racism is the perspective. Racism is simply another form of folks rejecting something different from themselves. That rush to fear and dislike or even outright hate something alien is most readily apparent in racism, but it's not confined to it. By separating racism and keeping it foremost in our minds, we're ensuring that the issue will never go away. We can't make race a non issue when we constantly ask ourselves how to combat racism.

I personally don't understand how one can be racially 'aware' but not be racist at the same time. *sigh*

Anyway, never mind all that. Today has been misty with the most perfect English dreariness. I started out OK then imediately burned the prrodge because I keep forgetting I have lost my sense of smell. Was supposed to go to the bank, but couldn't face their lies and mediocrity. Mostly read then moved on to playing 'a bit' of Planescape Torment. Quite depressed by the story of Deionarra. Off to get haircut.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh, and if you can't find material specific to supporting your position, then you have some decisions to make.

The first (and infinitely most important, and it has virtually nothing to do with your academic success) is to wonder why you feel the way that you do. Commonsense and logic are often wrong, and I think it's important to critically look at why you believe the way that you do.

The other decision is to address why you can't find any data. You could conclude that the research is still insufficient. You could conclude that the research has inherent biases and so forth. In the end, you'll realize that you have, in fact, created a lot of valid reasons for why you believe that it is. Because ultimately, if you can't give solid reasons for why you are (or are not) actively combating racism, then why are you staying with your current course of action on the issue?

Even if your reasoning is "I have better stuff I have to do," you can still use that as a segue into reasons why you feel it is ineffective, a waste of time, etc.

Well this is the teachers "grand crusade". She ate up one entire class room after we watched a video (called "skin deep") where a group of college students were thrown in a house for three days to discuss race, and got very very aggressive when we started voicing opinions along the lines of "Well that one girl was irrationally hating white people." and the teacher defended the people within the video and ended up making us feel like it was OUR fault that we were born white and should own up to the fact that our ancestors enslaved another group of people (weather that be true or not) and should thus take a very active stand against racism.

Ultimately I put in "I'd do XXXXX, and I find this question wholly inappropriate". Will I use points? Yes, but I also think that if I did what alan suggested I'd end up flunking simply because she doesn't like somebody fighting her views.

What's up with people declaring to be colours these days? Seen a few people with signatures claiming they are various colour combinations.

Better than the Alpha Protocol avatars craze, mind.

Today I got a mad craving for some ice cream, then realised I can't afford ice cream and got sad, which made me want ice cream even more. Now I'm going to copy up about 80,000 pages of law notes into neat so I can folder them up. Uni life so exciting.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.