SEGA makes statement

First of all: ****! I'm looking forward to this and now it seems like it's not coming out in forever again!

Second: I assume this delay will mean it'll be Obsidian's most polished and refined title to date. Yay!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Sorry again for the long delay in putting out something official. It was frustrating for everyone involved, including you guys, I'm sure.

I don't think I should extrapolate on the press release too much at this time; just keep in mind that, in the end, this is going to help Alpha Protocol achieve the greatest success possible for it. It sucks that it won't be coming out for a while, but it'll be awesome when it does.

It better, or we'll be there with the torches and pitchforks.

:lol:

Glad to hear you're polishing it up, though. Polish, at least for me, really matters.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Well, it looks like Obsidian's reputation is staked on AP, now. There will be very little wriggle-room if this is buggy or has noticeable cut content at release. >_>

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I'm optimistic that the delay will bring some well-needed to polish and refinement to the game. I'm little tiny bit worried though that Sega was unhappy with the play-tests, and are demanding the cooler design aspects of the game get converted into something more palatable for casual players. Hopefully if Obsidian is forced to change gameplay design choices (like having your target reticule sharpen according to weapon's skill) they'll leave the old design of the game still playable through an in-game option. Like a 'realistic' mode or something.

Will you actually take the time now to release a demo at some point, too? Should be possible, since its mission based.

Well, if it gets (yet) another six months on the production cycle, I'd sure hope the marketing picks up, certainly in the demo way (I can't count the games that would have languished in store shelves if I'd not gotten to try them out with a demo - starting with Deus Ex...)

Here's to hoping it becomes an early summer hit, like we had 1-2 surprises this year, just because they managed to hit an empty spot in the calendar. (for the record, this is - still - a day 1 purchase for me.)

p.s. what the hell's this with cash up front preorders?! Is it really a standard over there? I don't think we have anyone but Gamestop even try anything like that around here, it's either cash at pickup/charge when posted all the way. :blink:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

p.s. what the hell's this with cash up front preorders?! Is it really a standard over there? I don't think we have anyone but Gamestop even try anything like that around here, it's either cash at pickup/charge when posted all the way. :blink:

It's the American way :p

It's the American way :p

The capitalist way!

(That thing is contagious).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Good news. More polish.

It also won't have to compete in the market against Brutal Legend, Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age, Borderlands, and other highly anticipated titles.

Yeah, so that it can go head to head with Mass Effect 2 and maybe Diablo 3 instead. ;)

Changing release dates to accomodate competition is moronic. First of all, you never know for sure what you'll be competing against 6 months from now. More importantly, if you've got a good game and market it properly, people will play it, regardless when you release it. By going out of your way to avoid competition you're essentially saying that your primary sales strategy is for people to buy your game because of a lack of other options. Not exactly the best way to inspire consumer confidence.

Sorry again for the long delay in putting out something official. It was frustrating for everyone involved, including you guys, I'm sure.

I don't think I should extrapolate on the press release too much at this time; just keep in mind that, in the end, this is going to help Alpha Protocol achieve the greatest success possible for it. It sucks that it won't be coming out for a while, but it'll be awesome when it does.

I was under the impression that AP's core content was done, already. Is that correct?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: