SEGA makes statement

Hm, well it's not really a Sega statement.. just that Feargus Urquhart made a generic statement that really didn't provide any actual details.

It comes across as that rather bland comment to convey that there aren't any problems between Obsidian and Sega... without actually saying that :sorcerer:

But still, news is news..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega-con...-protocol-delay

"We're very happy that SEGA has made the decision to hold back the shipment of the game in order to give it the best chance at becoming the publishing success that we at Obsidian and our partners at SEGA are striving for," Obsidian boss Feargus Urquhart said in a statement.

If I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

And so it is official.

Now the only question is, why was this such a big freaking "secret"?

It is pretty funny that it comes across that way. You'd think it was top sekret government files or something. lol.

The only thing I can think of is that the news might affect stock prices or something so there's legal stuff going on. Or something.

But yeah, the cloak and dagger stuff is really really silly.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

This plus Chris' comments on his blog seems to indicate that the reason for the delay is definitely marketing, not the game in itself. Sega wants to push the game farther from Dragon Age, Divinity II and Risen. And probably makes a better marketing campaign. We can probably track the decision of pushing back the game to the moment where the little up in marketing died out a few months ago.

Sorry again for the long delay in putting out something official. It was frustrating for everyone involved, including you guys, I'm sure.

I don't think I should extrapolate on the press release too much at this time; just keep in mind that, in the end, this is going to help Alpha Protocol achieve the greatest success possible for it. It sucks that it won't be coming out for a while, but it'll be awesome when it does.

Matthew Rorie

It sucks that it won't be coming out for a while, but it'll be awesome when it does.

Now you've done it.. You realise we'll all be holding you to that? :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Looks pretty much like what Bioware did with Dragon Age. The devs over there claim to have added some 50 sidequests to the game and have made it much more polished than it would've been otherwise. I hope that the Sega doesn't just sit on AP the way it is, but authorizes some kind of budget to make it better.

And so we move on to a + six months wait, filled with discussions about the left and the right. :lol:

Hopefully they will give us something to chew until then

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So, AP is being sat on so that Sega can to some marketing for the game. Why didn't they do the marketing for the game months ago in anticipation of the game's release? This is stupid.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Good news. More polish.

It also won't have to compete in the market against Brutal Legend, Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age, Borderlands, and other highly anticipated titles.

Sorry again for the long delay in putting out something official.

Why the long delay though? Almost everyone practically knew before this announcement anyways...so what does that long silence help? This is the age of Twitter and instantaneous feedback/immediate relationships with customers. Doesnt SEGA know this?