Game error?

Hi guys,i got a problem runing star wars knights of the old republic 2 on my pc,ive been to alot of sites for help but nothing.Ok,i instaled the game on my pc,when i enter the game the lucas arts and other logos appear,then the load screen with that sith lord with the mask appear,after that i hear the game music but the screen stays blank and a message appear saying star wars knights of the old republic has encounterd a problem and needs to close.why does it happen?i need help plz,thanx.

Hi guys,i got a problem runing star wars knights of the old republic 2 on my pc,ive been to alot of sites for help but nothing.Ok,i instaled the game on my pc,when i enter the game the lucas arts and other logos appear,then the load screen with that sith lord with the mask appear,after that i hear the game music but the screen stays blank and a message appear saying star wars knights of the old republic has encounterd a problem and needs to close.why does it happen?i need help plz,thanx.

And my pc specs are-intel celeron procecor 1.8ghz,zotac nvidia motherbord,nvidia 7500/650i 512mb graphics card and chipset,2.5gig ram,80gig harddrive.windows xp service pack

I did try to change the compatibility to windows 98/me,when i started the game it did work up to the main menu with sion on it,i exit the game to make sure it works,but when i enterd the game the same problem ocured,i try'd the same with windows 95 and 2000 but its the same problem.

Both KotORs have difficulty with low quality onboard graphics. The minimum is an actual, real, separate circuit board in the video bus slot, and it really takes a lot of tinkering to get anything that much weaker than the minimum to work.

Kiwi

I had this exact same problem only to fix it I got a new video card. It had worked on my old ATI Radeon 9800 but it didn't like it after a while...so i upgraded to a X1300 and it worked...I suggest a new VC.

Also try getting a better motherboard and/or CPU.

Hope that helps! :):)

--

btw check out my kotor mod website...

http://www.r3vansmods.netau.net/

I had this exact same problem only to fix it I got a new video card. It had worked on my old ATI Radeon 9800 but it didn't like it after a while...so i upgraded to a X1300 and it worked...I suggest a new VC.

Also try getting a better motherboard and/or CPU.

That CPU the OP has *IS* rather poor, but KotOR is old enough that the Celeron's not the problem. The missing video card is what's wrong for him.

You shouldn't have had any problem with your Radeon 9800, UNLESS you chose a fairly recent driver for it that conflicted with the game. Many owners of X1000 generation video cards have run into difficulties with KotOR, so you were lucky.

Kiwi