So the main conflict in AP would be Left and Right?

I read some threads here and found so many people talking about communism, capitalism etc.

So, is that true? All Mighty Obsidian, lord of all RPGs, you are making a RPG with alignment of Left and Right, not only Good or Evil? Lawful or Chaos?

This is splendid, really splendid, however, I do hope, that your understanding of left wing theories are deep and accurate, unlike many other games just print a big "bad" sign on all communist things.

I don't want to set the world on fire...

Pat yourself on the back LoF, there's at least one person who bought your joke character.

LoF is half of the reason I read these forums every day.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Pat yourself on the back LoF, there's at least one person who bought your joke character.

LoF is half of the reason I read these forums every day.

Your life must be exciting.

You have really no appreciation for top-notch trolling. I feel sorry for you.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

It was mildly entertaining at first, but just as Volo's "NWN1 is good" has worn out like multiple-use toilet paper, so has LoF's "capitalism is teh badz, communism FTW" shtick.

A dynamic troll is a successful troll.

Edited by Purkake

Having played the game, I would say that Purkake is a terrible poster. Also, there's not a really good "communist" option, though that sort of makes sense, since Great Man posturing is the home of the "liberal" bourgeois historians, not us Marxist-Leninists. You can, however, play as an anti-imperialist or an imperialist - the proverbial boot stamping on the face of all mankind forever.

Having played the game, I would say that Purkake is a terrible poster. Also, there's not a really good "communist" option, though that sort of makes sense, since Great Man posturing is the home of the "liberal" bourgeois historians, not us Marxist-Leninists. You can, however, play as an anti-imperialist or an imperialist - the proverbial boot stamping on the face of all mankind forever.

24xmfer.jpg

I read some threads here and found so many people talking about communism, capitalism etc.

So, is that true? All Mighty Obsidian, lord of all RPGs, you are making a RPG with alignment of Left and Right, not only Good or Evil? Lawful or Chaos?

This is splendid, really splendid

Poster's alignment has shifted 5 points to economic left (38), and five points to liberal (38).

Poster's alignment has shifted from Social Democrat to Anarchist

That actually is a rather nice concept, though likely to be too controversial to be actually used any time soon, I fear.

This is splendid, really splendid

Poster's alignment has shifted 5 points to economic left (38), and five points to liberal (38).

Poster's alignment has shifted from Social Democrat to Anarchist

That actually is a rather nice concept, though likely to be too controversial to be actually used any time soon, I fear.

Perhaps that's why anarchism and communism never caught on more than they have: Because there isn't much money to be made in promoting them :thumbsup:

Can't wait to unlock my ultra marxist's "5 year plan" special ability. Someone make the economic alignment matrix and think of some cool prestige classes.

Those abilities would be right at home in Freedom Force, btw.

Communist have no class.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif