Dragon Age

They should have a "super extra tough mode" included in the Collector's Edition, it has a rope to tie one hand behind your back and electrocutes you every time you die in the game.

Gifted1, maybe you could consider it losing when the games makes you go back to cutting again?

Cutting like I cut myself? Dont be an a$$hole.

Learn to take a joke. DA is not as serious business as you seem to think.

Edited by Purkake

Wait... is it possible to spontaneously kill NPCs? Not just by ticking them off by destroying holy urns or strangling their grandmother?
I don't think so.

:sorcerer:

Thats pretty much it.

I was serious. Punishing the player in this fashion for a choice is as consecventive as it can get.

Whos taking anything serious? Were discussing point of a game and you feel the need to add personal attacks. I dont recall ever doing that to you so maybe you need a timeout.

I was serious. Punishing the player in this fashion for a choice is as consecventive as it can get.

If the worst possible "consequence" of killing your entire party and replacing them with fully leveled NPC's is that you dont like their personality, I dont consider that much of a consequence.

Think about it, all you have to do is open the magical camp you carry in your inventory and *presto*, new party ready to go.

Whos taking anything serious? Were discussing point of a game and you feel the need to add personal attacks. I dont recall ever doing that to you so maybe you need a timeout.

You're the touchy one here.

Of course, its my fault you felt the need to launch into pesonal attacks. :sorcerer:

Go watch some tv series where you hate every single character. Tell me by which episode you gave up. ;)

Having to endure them for 40 hours is (very very horribly) bad in my book.

But alanschu has already stated the urn thing happens very late in to game, but point taken.

Of course, its my fault you felt the need to launch into pesonal attacks. :sorcerer:

It's certainly not my fault that you lack a sense of humor.

I didn't get it BTW.

Implying that someone was an emo was all the rage back in the day...

I guess it's back to funny animal pictures then ;)

So lets summarize:

1) The inability to die unless there is a TPW is cool with everyone because death is an inconvenience that everyone just reloads through anyway.

2) C&C is just a catchphrase that has absolutely no meaning because who cares if you piss off / kill your entire party, theres an entire camp of fully leveled NPC's happily waiting in camp for you to use. Also, C&C is an inconvenience and otherwise everyone would just reload instead of, you know, thinking about their actions.

Tell me, how exactly could a person lose this game. Is it even possible to lose? If you cant die and it doesnt matter who you kill its just god mode.

Right, you acknowledge that it's possible to die and then a short time later say that you can't die. edit: rather, the question you pose at the end of your 2nd post is meaningless because you already know that you can die

How can a person lose the game? The same way a person could lose in BG1 or Fallout... die (or in DA's case, TPW) and choose not to reload earlier save games. I mean, that must be what a true hardcore gamer like you did with the earlier games, right? You wiped your HDD and smashed up your install discs because in ANY game, how could a person lose if they reload an earlier save? :sorcerer:

Edited by skuld1

So lets summarize:

1) The inability to die unless there is a TPW is cool with everyone because death is an inconvenience that everyone just reloads through anyway.

Yes.

2) C&C is just a catchphrase that has absolutely no meaning because who cares if you piss off / kill your entire party, theres an entire camp of fully leveled NPC's happily waiting in camp for you to use. Also, C&C is an inconvenience and otherwise everyone would just reload instead of, you know, thinking about their actions.

Massive exaggeration is massive.

Also, Im curious, what happens to the NPC's that the protagonist himself slays? Do they pop tall when you leave the screen? :lol:

They suffered a TPW.

Tell me, how exactly could a person lose this game. Is it even possible to lose? If you cant die and it doesnt matter who you kill its just god mode.

I'm fairly sure you couldn't lose BG 2 either. ME 2 seems to be the only BioWare game with failure.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

How so? Literally the only consequence of wiping out your entire party is you might not like the replacements?

Theres no level loss.

Theres no gear loss as you can just loot the party members you just killed.

What exactly is the consequence?

Also, Im curious, what happens to the NPC's that the protagonist himself slays? Do they pop tall when you leave the screen? :lol:

They suffered a TPW.

I guess it's game over for them.

csi-miami.jpg

YEEEAAAAAAAAHHH

I'm with gfted1 anyhow.

Maybe you should get rewarded for completing key stage battles without dying, maybe there's an extra bit of loot lying around.

Personally, I hate the camp idea, with these NPCs lounging around some notional campsite, following in your wake.

I always wanted to see it done so that in a game where NPCs "came back to life" after "dying" in a fight that letting them "die" too many times would call them to insult your leadership and leave the party.

I mean really, either I'm the world's best con-person or they're the stupidest followers in the world to keep following me and getting killed all the time!

How so? Literally the only consequence of wiping out your entire party is you might not like the replacements?

Theres no level loss.

In the case mentioned the consequence would be that - while leveled - the remaining characters at camp have not received the same amount of experience as the active-in-party NPCs (same for dead NPCs at the end of battle getting less XP).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm with gfted1 anyhow.

Maybe you should get rewarded for completing key stage battles without dying, maybe there's an extra bit of loot lying around.

Personally, I hate the camp idea, with these NPCs lounging around some notional campsite, following in your wake.

I always wanted to see it done so that in a game where NPCs "came back to life" after "dying" in a fight that letting them "die" too many times would call them to insult your leadership and leave the party.

I mean really, either I'm the world's best con-person or they're the stupidest followers in the world to keep following me and getting killed all the time!

Or, you know, you could be playing a video game.

Theres no level loss.

The injury and the lack of XP for the injured NPC.

However, your exaggeration was that because you don't perceive C&C in *one element* of the game you suggest there's no C&C *whatsoever* in the game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm with gfted1 anyhow.

Or, you know, you could be playing a video game.

I would have thought the smiley after the second sentence was unnecessary to show I wasn't serious, but since it apparently was: :lol:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just find it annoying when people complain about some obscure details that barely affect the overall experience.

I must have taken a blow to the head, since I suddenly find myself agreeing with everything Purkake says.

I'll be talking to miniature giant space hamsters next, ffs.

:lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif