Dragon Age

I see the hair still looks awful.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Uh, yes."

No.

Try it again then. Maybe it's only disabled on the first run, but it certainly is able to be skipped here.

For the record, I was referring to the "chantry says darkspawn R CORRUPTED HUMANS DERP DERP, join DA WARDENZ!!1" movie.

"Uh, yes."

No.

Try it again then. Maybe it's only disabled on the first run, but it certainly is able to be skipped here.

For the record, I was referring to the "chantry says darkspawn R CORRUPTED HUMANS DERP DERP, join DA WARDENZ!!1" movie.

I know. It's skippable. At least it is on my computer.

"Yes."

No. Unless, like Deralden suggested, it's only skippable a second time through 'cause it surely wasn't first time through. And, there's no sense for me to load it up again when it's virtually useless anyways.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

After 40 minutes of installing it says video card not supported. Awesome \o/

Oh well, I'll try again on the better comp later.

Well, 40 minutes should have been your first clue. It took me five to come to the same conclusion. :p

Amusingly, I tried it for S***s and giggles under vmware fusion; with that, it actually worked all the way to the main menu screen (after the opening vid). Only crashed when I tried going on from there... I'll probably have to give it another shot when Fusion 3 comes out, but I can already claim that it works better when I run windows in a window than when I actually boot into that affront of an operating system. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

After 40 minutes of installing it says video card not supported. Awesome \o/

Oh well, I'll try again on the better comp later.

Well, 40 minutes should have been your first clue. It took me five to come to the same conclusion. :p

There was actually a reason why it was so slow, but I have no idea how to explain it in english. :lol:

I suck at this, also I demand pink hair and scars.

Don't you get it? This is Dark Fantasy! It means people get covered by ludicrous amounts of blood, not scarred! :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The females could all use a 'Better Bodies' mod... the faces are alright. I like the second preset of the female human noble. Looks a lot like the noble mother from the origin video.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I thought that in general all the bodies had weird proportions. The dwarves look like bearded orangutans.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I thought that in general all the bodies had weird proportions. The dwarves look like bearded orangutans.

Common problem in games that use unibody type of solution. In MMOGs even the most casual players seem to notice the difference, even when they can't explain why models look "wrong" somehow. Blizzard don't use unibody type of system and has to custom make animations for models that have different proportions.

In Dragon Age dwarf is really good example when unibody goes wrong. For example take default human female model, face it towards the camera and take screenshot. Then do the same with default dwarf female. Open up two different screenshots in your photoshop (or similar program that allow easy image manipulation). Then resize different parts of the one model to match the other. Hands are identical (nimble hands ms. dwarf), arms are same lenght, only thicker. Neck shorter and face is wider. Torso and legs about 1/3 shorter.

Human female model is actually very close to a ideal 8 head size like it should be. But dwarf model proportions are complitely messed up. It's too roughly 8 head sizes but not for arms. And it shouldn't be 8 head sizes as it makes models look very awkward, if they are wider (or more like flatten in case of dwarf female).

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Common problem in games that use unibody type of solution. In MMOGs even the most casual players seem to notice the difference, even when they can't explain why models look "wrong" somehow. Blizzard don't use unibody type of system and has to custom make animations for models that have different proportions.

In Dragon Age dwarf is really good example when unibody goes wrong. For example take default human female model, face it towards the camera and take screenshot. Then do the same with default dwarf female. Open up two different screenshots in your photoshop (or similar program that allow easy image manipulation). Then resize different parts of the one model to match the other. Hands are identical (nimble hands ms. dwarf), arms are same lenght, only thicker. Neck shorter and face is wider. Torso and legs about 1/3 shorter.

Human female model is actually very close to a ideal 8 head size like it should be. But dwarf model proportions are complitely messed up. It's too roughly 8 head sizes but not for arms. And it shouldn't be 8 head sizes as it makes models look very awkward, if they are wider (or more like flatten in case of dwarf female).

Can't be worse than the body distortions used by Bethesda in Morrowind.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I suck at this, also I demand pink hair and scars.

imoenz.jpg

when bg2 joinable npcs were first released to public there were criticism that they were too "cartoony." the pastels were not embraced, and minsc, in particular, looked like a predictably buffoonish character from woody-woodpecker episode, complete with ridiculously toothy grin. folks pointed to recently released iwd portraits as a more aesthetically pleasing alternative. maybe iwd weren't "realism," but at least it weren't cartoon neither.

mike saas responds by making bg2 portraits gritty and realistic: he added scars and piercings.

*groan*

'least minsc no longer looked like a bio attempt to mock victims o' down's syndrome, but we were amused that biowarian notions o' "dark and gritty" were to remove smiles and add scars and piercings. am hopeful that the bio writers ain't as lazy as the bio artists were.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)