Dragon Age

I believe what they start with depends on what race/class combo you are.

Yeah, 10 seems to be the starting stat.

Anyway, nice amount of character appearance customation stuff.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Yes you can. Esc."

No.

Uh, yes. I don't know what version you people got but I can skip the ESRB warning, the EA Bioware logo and the cutscene itself with esc.

The character creator itself is a letdown. It's nice to be able to see all the skills and what they are supposed to do. I'm not sure just what I was expecting, but it was a little more than this.

Based on your guys' feedback, I wonder if it was released more for those to customize/tweak specifically how the character looks.

I heard that you can upload it onto the social site too?

You can save the character and use them when the game comes out, and you can upload the portrait to the social site.

The only thing you can specify is background. However, even that depends on your class and race. If you are human, for example, you never have a choice. Ditto for all mages.

You didn't know about the six origins? Humans can be Human Noble or Mage.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

i dont know about you guys but i like tweaking how my char looks. if im gonna stare at something for 30 hours, it better be damn sexy looking.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's rather funny when after an hour of twiddling with the sliders the character's face ends up looking exactly like the preset. I wish there was a 'randomize' button somewhere.

just get your cat to jump on the keyboard for a while and see what shows up

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's rather funny when after an hour of twiddling with the sliders the character's face ends up looking exactly like the preset. I wish there was a 'randomize' button somewhere.

Going for the "exploded face" look from Oblivion? :lol:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

dragcreate2.jpg

"complex consequences on how the plot unfolds and how you play the game"

"In a Bioware game.

Right."

BIO games have some of the best C&C in the bizness. This is FACT.

"Uh, yes."

No.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Based on your guys' feedback, I wonder if it was released more for those to customize/tweak specifically how the character looks.

I heard that you can upload it onto the social site too?

You can save the character and use them when the game comes out, and you can upload the portrait to the social site.

The only thing you can specify is background. However, even that depends on your class and race. If you are human, for example, you never have a choice. Ditto for all mages.

You didn't know about the six origins? Humans can be Human Noble or Mage.

I haven't really been paying a whole lot of attention. All I knew is that there were origins, not how many there were or if there were any restrictions.

Anyway, what I really wasn't expecting was an inability to choose spells and skills at character creation. Meaning that your mage will be almost the same as every other mage, at least as far as gameplay is concerned. Of course, as this is party based, that may be a very minor issue.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmmm, in the actual character creation you do get to specify I believe two talents.

Oh, and you have 5 points to assign to your stats.

It's all very disappointing. At least, the very meagre options you have could allow for complex consequences on how the plot unfolds and how you play the game. On account of having so few possibilities to cover, that is.

It's my impression that you get enough points and options as you level that you're character being relatively unformed at the beginning isn't really an issue. It's not that you don't have lots of choices. You just make them a little later, likely a good thing with a new IP in my opinion.

Edited by Lady Evenstar

Anyway, what I really wasn't expecting was an inability to choose spells and skills at character creation.

I'll just say that this doesn't reflect on my experiences with the game.

I was able to choose both skills and talents upon character creation on both PC and console. My guess is that it's a (weird) limitation of the program released.

^ Yeah, I think this is all about letting folks make avatars for that social networking thingie that I personally have no interest in.

Still, it was a good idea to release it, it saves me an hour making silly faces when I get the full game :lol:

sonsofgygax.JPG

I was able to choose both skills and talents upon character creation on both PC and console. My guess is that it's a (weird) limitation of the program released.

Do you assign them in character creation or is it like ME where you assign them in game?

Let's face it, this is just a face-generator. At least it's a decent one.

I’d have thought that the list of talent and skills, their requirements, what they do, and their cost in mana or stamina might be of interest to you.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Let's face it, this is just a face-generator. At least it's a decent one.
Ugh.

Well, at least you don't have to go through the whole "DATA CORRUPTED!" sequence if you want to change the colour of your beard. Speaking of which, the game is seriously lacking in that department!

Load times were good. I hope that's the case with the full game.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

^ yes, a severe lack of decent beards (unless you are a dwarf) but my human has the most splendid walrus moustache ever.

Like the goofy in-game portrait options, I hope you can do that with the NPCs too. It's these small things that make all the difference, especially when GUI (Gaming Under the Influence).

sonsofgygax.JPG

Do you assign them in character creation or is it like ME where you assign them in game?

They are a part of character creation. Pick sex/race/class/origin, pick physical features, assign attribute points, pick skills, pick talents, start game.

"Yes you can. Esc."

No.

Yes.

dragcreate2.jpg

That is a work of art.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif