Dragon Age

Yeah, seriously. Screw unskippable cutscenes.

Character creator if good for getting an overview of the skills and all that. Not much customization available though (apart from the visual side which is not something I care too much about personally), you can allocate your stat points. But I think the initial feat (or whatever it's called) selection is determined by the background you choose? Those get chosen for you at any rate.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Maybe it's my fairly new and insanely powerful Cray supercomputer, but "Updating DirectX November 2007 (this may take a while)" really is... taking a while.

Am wondering it is in fact a cutscene designed as a developer in-joke.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Kind of pointless character creation utility. I was expecting WoW type of character builder, where you can plan your character past level 1. Ok, we can rotate and play with ugly character models but customization is very low so there ain't much fun in that. I like that portait icon system. In that characters are tiny enough to cut the rough edges away and low camera angle gives dramatic douchebag look for my human noble.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I created a mage, and I couldn't change anything other than race or looks. I was expecting a bit more depth in this department.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Yes you can. Esc."

No.

As for the CCT. Eh. It's alright, but not so useful since it seems at level you don't choose what you have other than stats. L0L Nice to take a gander at the different abilities, but useless at this point otherwise. They should have allowed us to level up to 5th level.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hmmm, in the actual character creation you do get to specify I believe two talents.

The only thing you can specify is background. However, even that depends on your class and race. If you are human, for example, you never have a choice. Ditto for all mages.

Oh, and you have 5 points to assign to your stats.

It's all very disappointing. At least, the very meagre options you have could allow for complex consequences on how the plot unfolds and how you play the game. On account of having so few possibilities to cover, that is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's all very disappointing. At least, the very meagre options you have could allow for complex consequences on how the plot unfolds and how you play the game. On account of having so few possibilities to cover, that is.

In a Bioware game.

Right.

Yeah, but that doesn't really account for the lack of min/maxing potential.

For a character creation system as simple as DA's I don't actually think it's a big deal. I mean in D&D you could build out a high-dex fighter right off the bat. That sort of choice doesn't seem to make much sense in DA.

The actual facial customization is pretty dang nice, actually. Unlike a lot of systems you can make faces that actually look decent.

Edited by Pop