Dragon Age

A mountain being made out of a molehill.

It's a CG trailer. I guess in the last 24 hours they've completely rewritten the game to play just like the CG trailer.

Furthermore, I don't even know who made that trailer, so you can't say that BioWare should outsource it. BioWare did outsource the SWTOR trailer. But I guess that one is a bit too FF for people too? It's the same kind of deal with some crazy action, including a 1 on 1 fight similar to the beginning of Final Fantasy 8!!

EDIT: Batman is cool, dark, awesome, and epic.

Edited by alanschu

That would be like breeding Batman with Aquaman. Bad idea dude!

That's the kind of mental imagine that you can't unsee. :shifty:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's a CG trailer. I guess in the last 24 hours they've completely rewritten the game to play just like the CG trailer.

Furthermore, I don't even know who made that trailer, so you can't say that BioWare should outsource it. BioWare did outsource the SWTOR trailer. But I guess that one is a bit too FF for people too? It's the same kind of deal with some crazy action, including a 1 on 1 fight similar to the beginning of Final Fantasy 8!!

Who said it represents the gameplay? I said some of the combat looks stupid, like jumping ~30 feet into the air. Also, the SW:TOR trailer was pretty good, on par with some of Blizzard's stuff, this is not.

That would be like breeding Batman with Aquaman. Bad idea dude!

That's the kind of mental imagine that you can't unsee. :shifty:

Yeah, but it's too late now, the damage is already done.

Edited by Purkake

I said some of the combat looks stupid, like jumping ~30 feet into the air.

By your own admission you're notoriously difficult to please.

Also, the SW:TOR trailer was pretty good, on par with some of Blizzard's stuff, this is not.

But you're quick to take this trailer and state the BioWare should outsource their trailers because they can't make good ones. I didn't see any credits for who made this trailer. Did you?

I said some of the combat looks stupid, like jumping ~30 feet into the air.

By your own admission you're notoriously difficult to please.

That should go without saying.

Also, the SW:TOR trailer was pretty good, on par with some of Blizzard's stuff, this is not.

But you're quick to take this trailer and state the BioWare should outsource their trailers because they can't make good ones. I didn't see any credits for who made this trailer. Did you?

That's what I presumed, if that is not the case they need to go back to the TOR trailer people.

Nope, MC asked why I don't like it, and I answered, later on clarified (or tried to).

Didn't someone post the name of the company that made the trailer?

EDIT: Batman is cool, dark, awesome, and epic.

By definition, it isn't epic. No big armies or saving the world from Mr Ultimate Evil.

If you mean the internet kind of EPIC, then it is. Mostly.

In other news, isn't the character creation thingy going to be released tomorrow?

Yup. Can't imagine I'm going to use it much, but it'll be nice to have so I don't forget how I want to beat things over the head rather than stand there and be the party damage sponge.

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

I thought the trailer was cool. Second time I've had one sent my way. Actually, the HD I saw from the link here. Anyhow, I liked the flying elf bow chic or whatever. That was cool. Yeah, it's not going to win an academy award, but I don't want filet mignon every night. A good juicy hamburger works just fine for me too.

If playing a mage really was like that it would be awesome. Imagine a DMC type game where you could pull those kinds of moves.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If playing a mage really was like that it would be awesome. Imagine a DMC type game where you could pull those kinds of moves.

Anything done in the DA trailer is basically yawnfest on the DMC scale.

Dante uses enemies as skateboards, attacks people with an electric guitar that summons bats, and shoots enemies' bullets in mid-air. The only thing that can top DMC nuttiness is Clover-level nuttiness -- e.g. God Hand, Bayonetta.

Anything done in the DA trailer is basically yawnfest on the DMC scale.

Dante uses enemies as skateboards, attacks people with an electric guitar that summons bats, and shoots enemies' bullets in mid-air. The only thing that can top DMC nuttiness is Clover-level nuttiness -- e.g. God Hand, Bayonetta.

I liked the trailer. My question is why do dragons always give up their air superiority, strategic view and speed advantage in the air to land on the ground to be distracted and attacked from the flanks? :-

If I was a dragon I would just fly around and breath fire on everything that moved.

Heroes are guys in full plate with swords. Monsters have to act stupid so guys in full plate can attack them with their swords. We wouldn't want anyone but Mr. Int-Is-My-Drop-Stat to kill the dragon.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Heroes are guys in full plate with swords. Monsters have to act stupid so guys in full plate can attack them with their swords. We wouldn't want anyone but Mr. Int-Is-My-Drop-Stat to kill the dragon.

There is just no room for True Heroes © in this world anymore...

drivesworddemotivationa.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is the red-haired archer girl a in-game NPC or just a random character conjured up by the CGI team? She kinda reminds me of Catti-brie.

As for dragons-always-land-on-the-ground-to-be-killed, I think the answer could be "why you can't see the sky above your head in most CRPGs?"