When are we going to get an official comment from Obsidian?

I understand that SEGA calls the shots, but come on, the delay has been confirmed now, so when can we expect a comment from Obsidian? This is, afterall, their official forum, and the silence these last few weeks has been deafening.

- Fed-up of Tunbridge Wells.

Obsidian is clearly involved in a legal conflict right now and it would be unwise for them to comment at all. Sega is the one we are waiting n.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "legal conflict." It is certainly clear that their contract with Sega bars them from making the kind of public statements we want to hear, but I don't know if there's enough evidence for us to conclude that they're actively fighting with their publisher over something.

Edited by Enoch

All we can really go with is that there's the general feeling of a gag order on Obsidian until Sega gives the nod to say anything.

Until something get's said, it's all purely speculation.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Legal conflict?!?!?

Oh, that cannot be good.

That could mean AP maybe going bye bye.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I just want to know when I can expect to see the game. Sega just mentioned that it has to juggle all of its upcoming releases (referring mostly to Japan) in the next two quarters. I think AP just fell into that mix. Besides, with Uncharted 2 being released so soon, it would have been lost in the hype.

I'm pretty awestruck that Sega hasn't released an official press release statement saying the game is delayed. It is really unusual and awkward that they haven't. There must be a mess going right now.

Actually Sega is known for its silence when it comes to production issues.

AP's not going bye-bye, and there's no legal conflict going on.

Beyond that, all I can say is "thanks for your patience". Sorry for the frustrating silence...hopefully it will end soon.

Okay, but it turns out otherwise I am going to find you and shove a German Chocolate Cake down your throat.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Beyond that, all I can say is "thanks for your patience". Sorry for the frustrating silence...hopefully it will end soon.

Well there we have a comment of sorts :( So mayhaps the levels of wild speculation will start to slow down and we just deal with the irritation of delay...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well there we have a comment of sorts :( So mayhaps the levels of wild speculation will start to slow down and we just deal with the irritation of delay...

Don't worry, 10 out of 20 will not read/care about Matt's post and speculate further.

Thanks, Matthew.

I still have my preorder in and look forward to playing the game when it is released.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, It just might be a theory, but here goes:

No News means they don't want to say something they have to retract later,

No unifying release date (Ive found eight in four countries) means that these dates a speculative on the part of the distributor,

In a comment left by Matthew Rorie

PR/Marketing Producer, Obsidian Entertainment he states "Thanks for the patience, sorry for the frustrating silence...hopefully it will end soon".

Notice the phrasing there. He acknowledges that the silence is frustrating, but for whom? Obviously we're all frustrated but perhaps the developers are just as nervous watching all of us gather torches for Sega. He goes on to say that HOPEFULLY it will end soon. Which means that the PR/Marketing producer of Obsidian is waiting on something so that he can speak freely, The natural assumption is that its a legal issue that keeps him silent but I believe it has more to do with misinformation, or rather, the prevention of it. While it may seem that I'm over-analyzing these things, you must remember that this man has based his career on statements that will be met with scrutiny. To say that even this statement was not crafted carefully would be foolish.

So, My theory is that Sega and Obsidian distributed the normal amount of games to reviewers awaiting their take on the game. The reviewers might have stumbled on something that was not intended to be offensive, or that didn't work right, or some other content that was somehow damaging to the product, or the company. They brought it to the attention of Sega and Obsidian who had no choice but to change the problem, After all who would release a product that would be a black mark on their record?

But what to do now? with the deadline just a few weeks away, at a time when the biggest concern should be shipping to stores, Now they had a whole new list of troubles. So, with no answers came no statement, choosing silence over the appearance of weakness, Sega and Obsidian bide their time, bearing the brunt of our rage and frustration, buying their developers time. But how much time? Sega, I assume would want the game now, after all they were promised the product at this time and the holiday season is wide open without many big titles for competition. Obsidian in the meantime works desperately to Analise, plan, and solve the problem as quickly as possible, but also putting every scrap of code under a microscope to ensure no more delays. And as of yet, there is no time estimate. Could be a month, could be eight. They cant say which for fear of "Lying" to us again. and pushing us to full boycott.

I hope you found this interesting, because we may never know if I'm right. Even after statements are made, they will be the ones that best put a positive spin on the whole thing. In either case, my money is on June, probably because it makes he least amount of sense, but that seems to be the way of the world today.

Well, It just might be a theory, but here goes:

No News means they don't want to say something they have to retract later,

No unifying release date (Ive found eight in four countries) means that these dates a speculative on the part of the distributor,

In a comment left by Matthew Rorie

PR/Marketing Producer, Obsidian Entertainment he states "Thanks for the patience, sorry for the frustrating silence...hopefully it will end soon".

Notice the phrasing there. He acknowledges that the silence is frustrating, but for whom? Obviously we're all frustrated but perhaps the developers are just as nervous watching all of us gather torches for Sega. He goes on to say that HOPEFULLY it will end soon. Which means that the PR/Marketing producer of Obsidian is waiting on something so that he can speak freely, The natural assumption is that its a legal issue that keeps him silent but I believe it has more to do with misinformation, or rather, the prevention of it. While it may seem that I'm over-analyzing these things, you must remember that this man has based his career on statements that will be met with scrutiny. To say that even this statement was not crafted carefully would be foolish.

So, My theory is that Sega and Obsidian distributed the normal amount of games to reviewers awaiting their take on the game. The reviewers might have stumbled on something that was not intended to be offensive, or that didn't work right, or some other content that was somehow damaging to the product, or the company. They brought it to the attention of Sega and Obsidian who had no choice but to change the problem, After all who would release a product that would be a black mark on their record?

But what to do now? with the deadline just a few weeks away, at a time when the biggest concern should be shipping to stores, Now they had a whole new list of troubles. So, with no answers came no statement, choosing silence over the appearance of weakness, Sega and Obsidian bide their time, bearing the brunt of our rage and frustration, buying their developers time. But how much time? Sega, I assume would want the game now, after all they were promised the product at this time and the holiday season is wide open without many big titles for competition. Obsidian in the meantime works desperately to Analise, plan, and solve the problem as quickly as possible, but also putting every scrap of code under a microscope to ensure no more delays. And as of yet, there is no time estimate. Could be a month, could be eight. They cant say which for fear of "Lying" to us again. and pushing us to full boycott.

I hope you found this interesting, because we may never know if I'm right. Even after statements are made, they will be the ones that best put a positive spin on the whole thing. In either case, my money is on June, probably because it makes he least amount of sense, but that seems to be the way of the world today.

I feel stupider after reading that.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I feel stupider after reading that.

You are by no means alone. It should carry a danger-sign or something.

Thanks a bunch for the heads-up, at least :facepalm: