Cross Dressing in High School

Aristes

I met gays while in the navy. Go figure. haha Seriously though, not only are armed services different between countries, they are different between branches. While in the Navy, I had the pleasure of serving in a variety of commands, including a US army command, a US marine command, and a combined command with the South Korean marines. Let me tell you, there were a lot of differences between all of them.

...But I guess the big thing is that I don't think most folks care that much whether the guy watching their back is gay or not. Yeah, I'm sure they did at one point, but not so much any more. The US relies a lot on technology and training. That's not a commentary on the personal qualities of the soldiers, sailors, airmen, or marines. To be perfectly candid, I don't think that there is really much of a difference between the quality of human beings regardless of where they're from or what (so called) race they are. As far as personal qualities go, what really matters is training, which is a great equalizer of personal bravery. After that, technology just plain rules the day. A significant advantage in techno paves the way for a much smaller group to defeat and subdue a larger group.

With so many militaries around the world becoming increasingly diverse ethnically and by skin color, it just seems a matter of time before homosexuals are integrated and after that, eventually, I see women joining combat units as well. Women in the military do have somewhat of a bad rep in some corners, and I have witnessed some pretty strange things in regards to women in the military, but I still see women in combat roles as inevitable in the long term. After that, I think we'll see a lot of separating the 'women from the girls' in much the same way we see the separating of the 'men from the boys.' So to speak. :p

Anyhow, what is a combat role today? With ambushes on supply lines being a popular sport, anyone in the area of conflict might as well be in a combat role.

I must say that I thought Obama's first presidential act would be to eliminate that ridiculous "don't ask, don't tell" thing and allow gays to serve openly in the military. At least I'd hoped it would be his first act, and his campaign promises seemed to indicate as much. But no. To my chagrin, in Obama's drive to make everyone happy and have everyone like him personally, he has given in to the military hardliners, ignoring the problem altogether. I'm disappointed in him.

Yep, still feels like an extension of his electoral campaign to me. Lots of promises.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I must say that I thought Obama's first presidential act would be to eliminate that ridiculous "don't ask, don't tell" thing and allow gays to serve openly in the military. At least I'd hoped it would be his first act, and his campaign promises seemed to indicate as much. But no. To my chagrin, in Obama's drive to make everyone happy and have everyone like him personally, he has given in to the military hardliners, ignoring the problem altogether. I'm disappointed in him.

I'm going to blow your mind:

Everything that Obama's doing, he isn't doing out of cowardice or a desire to be liked. He is doing it because he wants to. Every choice he has made has been his choice, made not on bland squeamishness but instead on lack of character.

I'm going to blow your mind:

Everything that Obama's doing, he isn't doing out of cowardice or a desire to be liked. He is doing it because he wants to. Every choice he has made has been his choice, made not on bland squeamishness but instead on lack of character.

This is the first thing you have ever posted that actually makes sense.

And I understand I missed out on a pretty insulting post from you. Too bad. Personal attacks are always fun and usually come from someone who has nothing intelligent to say. And you were correct having not served in the military does not mean you cannot form an opinion on the military. However, it does mean your opinion is a little uninformed.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This is the first thing you have ever posted that actually makes sense.

Thanks for the back-handed compliment.

And I understand I missed out on a pretty insulting post from you. Too bad. Personal attacks are always fun and usually come from someone who has nothing intelligent to say.
Actually, I frequently add personal attacks in amongst my valid arguments. I find they give them a little zest.
And you were correct having not served in the military does not mean you cannot form an opinion on the military. However, it does mean your opinion is a little uninformed.
No, my opinion is quite well informed. There is a long and proud history of men ****ing other men in the military, and it has historically only helped unit cohesion. If these soldiers are ****ing other men who are not in the military, then it obviously cannot have any worse inherent effect unit cohesion any worse than soldiers ****ing women who are not in the military.

I'd be inclined to permit cross-dressing where the standard of dress was consistent with that stipulated for females. It's really a very minor thing compared with the myriad other threats a school faces.

As usual, Walshingham hits it out of the park on the first swing.

Groups of kids gathered around him in the cafeteria, and the school's assistant principal even blamed a fight on Escobar's flamboyant attire.

That is because of bigotry and hatred, not the dress itself. Unless they are saying that all dresses are evil and cause violence... But, if that's true, then they've got other issues... :ermm:

Talk about blaming the victim.

Student: “He was wearing a skirt so I was forced to gather a group of my friends and beat him up! I had no choice.”

Teacher: “You’re right. I want to take a crowbar to his skull whenever I see him. This is obviously his fault.”

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Groups of kids gathered around him in the cafeteria, and the school's assistant principal even blamed a fight on Escobar's flamboyant attire.

That is because of bigotry and hatred, not the dress itself. Unless they are saying that all dresses are evil and cause violence... But, if that's true, then they've got other issues... :ermm:

Talk about blaming the victim.

Student:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man