Game is now officially delayed

So it's official -- though there has been no press release or anything. On Sega's AP page now it says the game is due in Spring of 2010.

:lol:

I'm a bit concerned that a specific date has been pinned down. That leads me (personally) to think that this game is delayed because it needs a lot of changes and work -- -not just because of a strategic decision to release the game in June because that would be better for marketing/competition or whatever other reason.

Its Sega and it turns out that Sega is a crap publisher.

I thought we weren't supposed to crap on Obsidian's current or past business partners?

I am looking forward to new previews where everyone will act like nothing have happened.

Why should the previewers care if the game was delayed or not? It's not like it's an unique occurrence.

Edited by Purkake

I thought we weren't supposed to crap on Obsidian's current or past business partners?

It could have been done a bit more subtlety, but let's face it, Sega just lost points with everyone.

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

They never had any points with me to begin with. It's not like they were curing cancer or feeding the hungry before and they canned the Aliens RPG just some time ago(a game which I was actually interested in).

Edited by Purkake

It's not like they've made any official press statement or notice to the effect... Just a couple of pieces of rumour slipped into gaming news, and now a single date change on a website...

Definitely not earning points for how they handle it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Lucky for you guys UK SEGA store still tells us October and so do our retailers.

Well actually http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=115..._-topnav-_-day3

Tells us November 2009.

Lord knows that's gonna change, though. Sega aren't going to turn round and go "y'know, the U.K.'s been getting shafted something chronic over release dates for years, maybe we should give it to them this year." It'd be nice, but y'know :D

BATTLE, n. A method of untying with the teeth of a political knot that would not yield to the tongue. - Ambrose Bierce

We have an official date people! The voices tell me AP will come Dec. 10. 100% confirmed shamanistic divination.

Goat entrails or something else? :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

But what if the game is already polished and has all the intended content

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

xbox360achievements.org says "Alpha Protocol rescheduled for Spring 2010." Seems like a nice way to say "Hey gamers, guess what?...another title seems to have been delayed but we are tired of that word and so will now refer to all delays as schedule changes." Seems like other companies and people are trying to soften the blow of either the economy or game quality that is hurting this quarter.

But what if the game is already polished and has all the intended content

Then we've got a 'what the heck is goin' on man?' situation. I just hope its not a stupid reason. I don't really know why, for instance, they would delay AP for fear of competition from other games. The only real RPG competition I see for AP is Dragon Age and I'm far more interested in AP.

Until they come out and say something its nothing but a guessing game.

10 bucks they want to add 100 new women to bed! :nuke: