First failed state?

mkreku

In the first paragraph it basically states de-regulation good, regulation bad.

Thats what got us in this mess in the first place, de-regulation. Plus out of all the states, texas is far from a role model. Worst obesity problem in the entire country, run by bible thumping wing nuts who don't understand this is a secular country not a xian one and one who walks all over seperation of church/state every chance they get. One of the last large rep. strongholds in the country and the reps certainly don't use fair tactics to keep it that way.

Sure if you de-regulate, let business do what that want and 'police' themsevles, care little for the enviroment and make it all about making a $ over every other concern then of course you are going to spur economic growth. But you'll pay for that down the road. Short term gain usually means long term pain in this context.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Plus out of all the states, texas is far from a role model. Worst obesity problem in the entire country, run by bible thumping wing nuts who don't understand this is a secular country not a xian one and one who walks all over seperation of church/state every chance they get. One of the last large rep. strongholds in the country and the reps certainly don't use fair tactics to keep it that way.

Ah yes. It is such a desolate wasteland full of evil republicans and even more evil christians, and most evil businesses. One can only wonder why it is the second fastest growing state economy and third fastest growing state population and was the only state whose economy has contuinued to grow every year (if not every quarter) for the last fifteen years even as the national economy fell off into recession, twice. And imagine, all this from a state with the 8th lowest tax burden out of 50. Yep those awful Texas republicans are doing a terrible job down there. I can't imagine why anyone would want to live there instead of somewhere like... California for example with the 2nd highest tax burden and about to go bankrupt.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/12/22/fastest-g...realestate.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't know why anyone lives there either. All the texans I know are asses. Also, being catholic, I gotta say, we Christians are evil.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.