Black Isle brand

Dagon

So if Bethesda will finally kill the brainless Interplay zombie (shoot Herve in the head!)

Do you think that OBSIDIAN would be able to change it's name to Black Isle?

It's still much more recognizable brand than Obsidian. It would also be nice to see new products with Black Isle logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing is, Brian chose that name because he felt "in exile" from Interplay. And he seems like the kind of guy who would buy the name Interplay after Herve's IPLY is dead for nostalgia and poetic justice. Also, InXile doesn't have as much brand recognition yet as Obsidian, so adopting a fairly known (even if in decline) brand could help.

Obsidian needs to make a gazillion dollars on mainstream games, so they can buy the Black Isle brand and publish old school niche games for those who love turn based, isometric crpgs under that name ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

But once you go casual and make a gazillion dollars, what's the motivation to go back?

Hmm, now where did I put "Plan B" ?!? :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So if Bethesda will finally kill the brainless Interplay zombie (shoot Herve in the head!)

It's still much more recognizable brand than Obsidian. It would also be nice to see new products with Black Isle logo.

I really shouldn't post when I'm drunk ;P

Simply wait until Lord of the Flies has conquered the world, then all video game studios will receive equal budgets and equal job security for the production of leisure games. I'm sure Alpha Protocol will be out by then, featuring much more realistic and prominent depictions of communism.

I really shouldn't post when I'm drunk ;P

Nah do it. It's fun mate. Nothing more thrilling to do than drunkenly laugh at your posts at 4am when every other bastard sod has long since turned in for the night.

Simply wait until Lord of the Flies has conquered the world, then all video game studios will receive equal budgets and equal job security for the production of leisure games. I'm sure Alpha Protocol will be out by then, featuring much more realistic and prominent depictions of communism.

I endorse Tigranes for Benevolent Forum Dictator.