TV: SG:U

LadyCrimson

This episode was pretty filler-y. The shipboard stuff was pretty lame, other than the cool CGI scenes and the whole Young/wife thing is dreadful and needs to die in a fire. The Chloe/Eli stuff had it's moments, though.

They really need to cut off the Earth nanny brigade or get Carter on it and actually make stuff work. I'm surprised no one airlocked the stones after all the crap that the earth people pulled.

The bail out they pulled at the end was pretty hilarious, though.

I agree about the Earth nanny thing. It'd be slightly more interesting if they were completely on their own. I mean, maybe after the first season, you could find some reason/way for them to occasionally communicate with Earth, but the stones stuff doesn't jibe.

I find Chloe's chr. irritating. Such a whiner, at least so far.

The episode overall was poor but I still found it amusing. Unintentional bad comedy, like I said. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trolling.

eh, I don't really troll. I just don't feel any particular need to always be a positive voice in a thread.

Anyway, if one has been an active presence in a thread, being a part of the pros and cons being discussed, it's generally not considered trolling.

AS for this thread in particular, I started off reasonably positive. But the bad acting and bad writing eventually did me in. :down:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm hoping Chloe dies from neurosyphilis or some sort of impalement by a jagged steel birder or really anything because she is such a horrible character. Eli is too much of a virginia. Telford needs to get hit by a truck. Ronald (the black guy) needs to cool down on trying to be such a hard ass and maybe get some more screen time. And there needs to be more people getting flesh wounds, aliens, and just general malarkey.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I think there's a funny contrast with Atlantis, where they could pretty easily get everything working, in SGU half the things out of Rush are "it's broken", "we're locked out" and "not enough power" :down:

Hence why I can't stop thinking of him as Engineer Scott.

Scotty: ... captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.

Scotty: ...You didn't tell him how long it would REALLY take, did you?

Geordi La Forge: Of course I did.

Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well you managed to squeeze a few cons into this post, but just calling it a "snoozefest" is plain old trolling.

Nothing wrong with criticism if you actually explain your position.

Wait, so you're saying its not a snoozefest?

Has anything of consequence happened yet? Are the characters developing in interesting ways? Is there a exciting story unfolding?

AS of episode 3 the answer to all of the above was basically no.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

We're up to episode 7 now. Enough stuff happens to keep me excited, well except for this episode.

If you don't find it exciting that's perfectly ok, but arguing over personal preference won't get us anywhere.

I don't really think of it as arguing though, in the sense that it's not really my goal to change your mind and make you hate it. WHich not only is not possible but something I wouldn't want to do in the first place.

It's more just discussion.

Is it really episode 7 already. That doesn't seem possible. :o

I think there's a funny contrast with Atlantis, where they could pretty easily get everything working, in SGU half the things out of Rush are "it's broken", "we're locked out" and "not enough power" :sweat:

Hence why I can't stop thinking of him as Engineer Scott.

Scotty: ... captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. But the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.

Scotty: ...You didn't tell him how long it would REALLY take, did you?

Geordi La Forge: Of course I did.

Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

Two things here:

1) The ship is older than Atlantis.

2) Rush is no McKay.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I agree....Rush is no McKay.

McKay was the one thing on Atlantis I liked, the arrogant, cowardly, hyperactive, genius arsehat. :thumbsup:

I just saw a preview for this weeks episode. Looks like there's going to be some mayhem. I might watch this one.

I just saw the preview again but this time with the volume up.

Nevermind. It's fake mayhem.

Has anybody died since the senator dude closed the leaky shuttle from the inside?

Has anybody died since the senator dude closed the leaky shuttle from the inside?

Yes.

However death <> good drama. Plus there only about ~80 ppl on the ship. You can't start killing off folks left and right. At least BSG had tens of thousands of ppl so a death here and there was acceptable. Not when you have less then 100.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

However death <> good drama.

Yeah, I know. But the show was putting me to sleep. The potential for characterl death always invigorates the push for survival.