TV: SG:U

LadyCrimson

I didn't think the ending was that sharp. They're making out that he knew the ship was going to recharge, and that he'd be able to recover what's probably their only shuttle packed full of supplies and two useful personnel before it landed on the planet, trusting the capability of the pilot to not falter - for no known purpose other than to, what, gain political power? Bearing in mind this is supposed to be a highly intelligent individual.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I didn't think the ending was that sharp. They're making out that he knew the ship was going to recharge, and that he'd be able to recover what's probably their only shuttle packed full of supplies and two useful personnel before it landed on the planet, trusting the capability of the pilot to not falter - for no known purpose other than to, what, gain political power? Bearing in mind this is supposed to be a highly intelligent individual.

Sure they took some of the supplies, but I think Rush has figured out that the ship, after it was refueled, would go and get more supplies for the current occupants. Getting rid of 15 notso usefuls at the cost of 2 usefuls would be a good trade. Also it wasn't the only shuttle. There is the one with the dsead senator and given time I am sure he would have figured out how to repair the damage.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Ah but that's assuming he planned to get rid of them, which clearly he didn't if he was the one that actually formulated the plan to get them back onboard.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Ah but that's assuming he planned to get rid of them, which clearly he didn't if he was the one that actually formulated the plan to get them back onboard.

But you forget, he wasn't able to do it. It was Mathboy. He put up the appearances of being concern and he had to continue that appearance when Eli blabbered that his calculations could do it.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

He knew well ahead of time the abilities of Eli though, and it was his idea to slingshot the shuttle. It's all very far fetched - certainly for colonel limpy to get suspicious over.

When the characters spend all their time reacting to a threat that the viewer knows, with absolute certainly, is false. That's not a good thing.

Agreed.

I still like some of the characters, but this is reminding me a little too much of Voyager...in that I like the premise and some chrs, but the actual week to week plots are dull, unadventurous, and usually not about exploration. The problem is that so far the ship controls where they go, when they stop, etc...unless they change that, any exploration factor is going to be, imo, unsatisfying.

But I'll probably still watch, because hubby will probably still watch. Even if he doesn't think it's very good, for some reason he keeps on watching anything with SG in the title, long after I've given up.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watched part of one episode: I guess it's well-filmed. Actors don't look too bad. CGI doesn't blow.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm still going to watch this though. Due to there being not much else on TV that's better. I need to watch more than one or two goods shows a week and this is about the best out of a bad lot. :aiee:

Heh, yeah, I know the feeling. Since I no longer care about CSI...it's House, Glee, Lie to Me, & Mentalist. But Lie to Me isn't great and none of those are sci-fi.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

First the ship needed air, then food, power, and now water. Stay tuned for the season finale where they all run out of cigarettes and start murdering each other over the last pack.

Ahahaha! Thanks, that had me in stitches.

It's true they ran out of cigs a bit ago, but I'm sure the writers can think of something else. Like...twinkies! Someone was hoarding a backpack of twinkies and a riot ensues over the last one. :)

I'm beginning to find SG:U has a lot of amusement value. Altho this might have something to do w/watching it with my spouse.

For instance, every time someone asks Robert Carlyle a techie question, I want to holler "I'm giving it all she's got, Captain!" ala Scotty on ST:OS. It must be the accent.

I'm sure they'll find a cig & twinky planet just in time.

This. It's Stargate, not Blake's 7; it's probably a part of the writing contract that they all must live happily ever after. :thumbsup:

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

If they continue to make remakes Blake 7 is one they should do.

I'm torn between agreeing with you and making a joke about BSG having beaten everyone to it.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

*Note to self: Order Blake 7 from Amazon* :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tonight's episode entertained me, but mostly because of the unplanned, momentary bouncing back and forth of traded consciousness some of them were doing. That was hilarious.

Speaking of a change in style... does anyone else want to punch themselves in the crotch whenever Sanctuary has those stupid split screens this season?

It seems to be something shows are doing now and I don't know why. I noticed it with the later seasons of CSI and now Sanctuary. :verymad::down:

Assuming I understand the reference of split-screens in TV series correctly....I'm guessing we can largely blame "24" for it becoming a common trend.

This episode was pretty filler-y. The shipboard stuff was pretty lame, other than the cool CGI scenes and the whole Young/wife thing is dreadful and needs to die in a fire. The Chloe/Eli stuff had it's moments, though.

They really need to cut off the Earth nanny brigade or get Carter on it and actually make stuff work. I'm surprised no one airlocked the stones after all the crap that the earth people pulled.

The bail out they pulled at the end was pretty hilarious, though.

Edited by Purkake

Syfy hasn't cancelled this snoozefest yet?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.