I can't run the game in XP 32

I installed this on my new computer yesterday after hearing the news of one of the restoration projects successes. Unfortunately I cannot get the game to run.

I have tried it without any of the patches, as well as with 1a and 1b, and the same error occurs each time.

I get as far as the Obsidian/Lucasarts graphics, then onto the screen with the information on publisher etc with a large image of Darth Nihilus' face.

But before I get to the Menu screen the game kicks me back to windows with a message asking me whether I would like to report the error.

Unfortunately I cannot work out how to copy paste the error from the message, and I cannot manually find it...

My rig :

Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz

4GB Ram

Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb

Windows XP 32

I am using a widescreen monitor with the resolution 1440 x 900. I tried using the widescreen mod for this game, and also changing the .ini file to the correct parameters, but it had no effect.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Ive been looking foward to playing the completed game for years.

I installed this on my new computer yesterday after hearing the news of one of the restoration projects successes. Unfortunately I cannot get the game to run.

I have tried it without any of the patches, as well as with 1a and 1b, and the same error occurs each time.

I get as far as the Obsidian/Lucasarts graphics, then onto the screen with the information on publisher etc with a large image of Darth Nihilus' face.

But before I get to the Menu screen the game kicks me back to windows with a message asking me whether I would like to report the error.

Unfortunately I cannot work out how to copy paste the error from the message, and I cannot manually find it...

My rig :

Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz

4GB Ram

Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb

Windows XP 32

I am using a widescreen monitor with the resolution 1440 x 900. I tried using the widescreen mod for this game, and also changing the .ini file to the correct parameters, but it had no effect.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Ive been looking foward to playing the completed game for years.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm dying here!

OK I disabled one of the cores using msconfig and unfortunately it had no effect.

You don't want to do that. All you have to to is set the affinity of the KotOR II process to one CPU core instead of both. That way other applications will still use both cores.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot