Flash Forward

Hiro Protagonist

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen it yet, but I've been somewhat disappointed with the last couple of episodes. I have my hopes, though. I'll probably watch tonight's episode tomorrow. hehe We got the next disk for Carnivale tonight and the wife was jonsin' to watch it asap. So was I.

I've pretty much stayed out of this thread because I've been on the fence about this show so far. Some of it has been good, some not so much.

Some of the plot lines that I didn't really care for started to win me over tonight, like the baby story with the super gay fbi agent. I lol'd.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, I'm glad you're getting into it because that means some LOSTesque conversation. I actually feel very much the same way about LOST. Some of it is great and some of it drives me bat****.

If it weren't for the fact that the series is apparently over (I won't look it up on wiki until I've seen the last episode), I would start a Carnivale thread. The wife and I are both totally addicted. We just got done with the third disk of season one. Awesome. Both episodes centered on Babylon and it's classic.

To get back to Flash Forward, I think they've given themselves enough leeway to keep us guessing. I'll be happy if the loopholes aren't big enough to drive a truck through.

Oh, and the wife says she loves Carnivale, but next time she wants less bodies. haha What a whiner! Don't tell her I said that. :aiee:

Don't tell her I said that.

I'm gonna tell.

Anyway, the last episode for the year screened here in Oz on Monday, and I can say if it doesn't come back I won't really be too fussed.

As for Carnivale, a damn shame we only got part one of a three part story.

I actually like Flash Forward quite a bit. It's just that it seems so uneven, just like KQD said. Still, the mystery aspect appeals to me quite a bit. The part with Al, which served to show that things were not set in stone, was well done also. The part in DC was pretty good also. The drama parts seem fairly weak. I have to admit that a lot of drama in a television show usually puts me off, so that might just be me.

I liked the latest episode. Just watched it right now and I have to say that Agent Hangdog Benford isn't nearly so bad any more. I really liked seeing him throw down. He took that statement about doing whatever it takes to heart. That and the bastard was right! Good show.

Yes, the **** thing was funny.

• 3 months later...

FlashForward Stars jump ship!

Various TV-related websites are reporting that a number of Flashforward stars are already signing up to TV Pilots that are currently being developed and which could posisbly launch in the autumn as part of the new TV season.

With Flashforward ratings rapidly collapsing, stars are now jumping ship before it sinks, minimising the little hope that remians for a possible second series of the series that was meant to be the next big thing after Lost.

Christine Woods who plays lesbian-yet-to-become-pregnant FBI agent Janice, has already signed up to star in the NBC sitcom pilot, 'Perfect Couples.' a comedy about three different married couples. The actress has howver onfirmed that if Flashforward is renewed she will quit the lead role in the new sitcom.

Meanwhile, actor Zachary Knighton who plays the yet-to-fall-in-love ER doc Byce, might never get to meet the love of his life Keiko, after having signed up to the new planned sitcom pilot Happy Endings. The one thing that might change this is that the new sitcom would air on ABC if it gets past the pilot stage and being on the same network as FF, ABC might have a say in this.

Finally, kid actor Ryan Wynott who plays creepy hosiptalised Dyaln Simcoe, has been cast to star in the NBC pilot The Cape, a new drama about a wrongly accused police officer who sets out to become a hero, and which NBC is hoping to be the next big project to take up home in its mediocre schedules.

So, with the cast jumping ship - showing little faith in the project, and ratings nosediving fast, the future for FlashForward looks pretty bleak. What a shame, the concept was great, pity about the execution!

Source: TV Squad, E Online, Vaya Tele