Is this possible?

Gunners_rule

Hey guys. I wanted to know if there's a possible way to run a game without actually matching the its specs? Please tell me if so. Also I want a good graphics card for gaming which is not too expensive. It should atleast be good enough to play a game like Assassin's creed (or atleast somewhere near that). Please help me.

Hey guys. I wanted to know if there's a possible way to run a game without actually matching the its specs? Please tell me if so.

The specs aren't hard-coded limitations by the developers. If your computer can run it, it can run it. Nobody will stop you. They are just recommended minimum requirements, usually to prevent lots of graphics lag.

Some games require new fangled features such as hardware texture and lightning. If your card doesn't have that, you may simply be unable to play the game at all.

Also I want a good graphics card for gaming which is not too expensive. It should atleast be good enough to play a game like Assassin's creed (or atleast somewhere near that). Please help me.

Any of the nVidia 9000 series above 9400 (i.e. 9600 and higher).

I have a 9400 M which is slightly worse than the normal 9400. It runs Assassin's Creed fine on average graphics settings. I recommend getting a 9600 or higher because it's a different, better type of card to the 900 to 9400 range.

Hey guys. I wanted to know if there's a possible way to run a game without actually matching the its specs? Please tell me if so.

The specs aren't hard-coded limitations by the developers. If your computer can run it, it can run it. Nobody will stop you. They are just recommended minimum requirements, usually to prevent lots of graphics lag.

If what you say is true I have assassin's creed and my CPU doesn't meet the minimum specs and when I click the game, instead of the game starting, why does the Detect Tool start up and tell me that my CPU is not good enough to play assassin's creed?

If what you say is true I have assassin's creed and my CPU doesn't meet the minimum specs and when I click the game, instead of the game starting, why does the Detect Tool start up and tell me that my CPU is not good enough to play assassin's creed?

Because the people who coded the game are ****.

Go to the Assassin's Creed folder and run 'AssassinsCreed_Game.exe'. If that fails, run 'AssassinsCreed_DX9.exe' and if that fails the DX10. If none of that works, get a refund.

thats what I was doing but the assassin's creed detector tool shows up. I hope the graphics card you have recommended 9600 gt has an affordable price.

A quick look shows it for less than a hundred bucks... Of course affordable price is in the eyes of the beholder. :thumbsup:

Do look around online and not in a brick and mortar store. You're money will go farther. (I recommend newegg.)

If the game complains about the CPU though, it's not the graphics card, but the computer processor. So then that is what you need to upgrade.

The thing is, and this is true for graphics cards as well, it's not a given that the rest of your computer can handle an upgrade of a single unit. For instance, if you want to upgrade the CPU, you need a motherboard that can support the new one, as well as a Power Supply that can give it enough electricity (and has the right connectors).

So why don't you post your computer specs and someone should be able to tell you what you need to do to get Assassin's Creed working.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: INTEL

System Model: DG31PR

BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/13/08 17:38:29 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: Intel

Edited by Gunners_rule

The G31 is a desktop chipset, and it looks like two HDDs, each partitioned into two. Quick look at the Intel site shows the DG31PR motherboard is a microATX board, could even be in a HTPC. But it has a PCI-E x16 slot so there'd be no real problems upgrading here. It'll also take any LGA775 CPU you care to throw at it so you can potentially upgrade the CPU to a Q9400 or a E8500 or somesuch (might require a BIOS update) While 2.2GHz Conroe derivative isn't really all that bad (my geriatric old E6300 has a stock clock of only 1.86GHz), I'm not really familar with modern FPS games, although I'd expect them to be almost always GPU-limited these days. A mild overclock on the CPU might convince the game to run?

As for potential upgrades:

R4850 can be had for under $100USD. Even if the launcher doesn't complain about what you have now (probably because it hasn't gotten to checking the GPU after failing the first check), you won't run the game with your current graphics setup. While it's possible to get something even cheaper here, the performance gap will be rather large, hence spending more is better value in this case.

As for any CPU upgrades, any Intel Qxxxx (quad-core) or Exxxx (dual-core) will run, just pick a price point you're happy with since the range is huge.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

You're also probably running at the wrong resolution. Not many monitors these days doing native 1024x768.

I don't think that would stop a game from running though. Just make it look a little less than optimal.

My monitor's NR is 1280*1024 but I run all my games in 1024*768. I get a little pop up notice from the monitor when I start a game telling me that I should change the resolution, but that's the only thing "bad" that happens.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

You're also probably running at the wrong resolution. Not many monitors these days doing native 1024x768.

I don't think that would stop a game from running though. Just make it look a little less than optimal.

My monitor's NR is 1280*1024 but I run all my games in 1024*768. I get a little pop up notice from the monitor when I start a game telling me that I should change the resolution, but that's the only thing "bad" that happens.

Sure, it was just a side note. I have seen lots of people using something other than the monitor's native resolution on the desktop and it looks horrible.

I'm not sure about AC, because it is a high end game graphically, but with a video card that seems like it would be a decent rig. Is he using the onboard video?

Yup, my netbook has the same one, I think.

It runs Quake 3 pretty well.

EDIT: actually it's not, but the 3100 one isn't much better.

Edited by Purkake

...and when all your trails are over you are going to love Assassin's Creed for it's combat system and graphics, then slowly realize that the designers are playing some kind of twisted Clockwork Orange joke on you with the cutscenes and eventually lose interest completely.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.